Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe deals aren't done in football in the same way but I'd have thought that a "Heads of Terms" document would have been signed ages ago which provides the contractual basis for the deal to complete. 

Importantly, such a document would set out what moneys are due by when so that being in default of that gives Mel is "out" clause without any further legal wrangling. 

Very odd scenario we're in at the moment. 

It appears our opponents on Saturday are up poo creek as well.  Looking to get there 42 million fine reduced for hammering FFP in 2014. Already reduced i assume as it was 70 million.  Appealing to other championship chairs to agree to it due to Covid revenue loss.

Good luck with that one.  Might take the heat of us for a bit .

7 hours ago, one_chop said:

I don't want to put a negative vibe on this thread but I can see the club entering into Administration next week. 

Not like you to want to spin a negative vibe? but you’re probably right.

Can we now look forward to daily “we’re going into administration” messages instead of the previous “the takeover isn’t happening” rinse and repeat?

7 hours ago, one_chop said:

I don't want to put a negative vibe on this thread but I can see the club entering into Administration next week. 

What makes you think MM would let us go into administration, rather than just pump a few extra quid in/sell a few players to keep us afloat then wait for another buyer? 

This is WhatsApp mates of mates , so could be absolute waffle, but it makes sense to me so thought I'd share.

So Sheik Khaled was actually propped up by a consortium of middle Eastern construction tycoons under the BZG umbrella and then used a couple of European football finance power houses to set up Derventio holdings and give credibility to the deal (the same people that helped with the takeover of Villa). The deal was agreed on the 24th, but the consortium backed out. The Sheik still wants to go ahead but he no longer has the cash and is looking for funds elsewhere. Mel is also looking elsewhere but its looking more likely that Mel will have to put up some of his personal wealth/sell assets to keep the club going until it happens as no company will provide a loan when there is no longer a takeover on the cards and no revenue in the club. Unless of course you borrow against an asset (the stadium for example.......)

Archived