Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Assets of community value was a system introduced specifically to prevent the loss of pubs in villages where the owner wants to demolish it or convert it to flats or a business. 

The law prevents anything happening for 6 months to allow a group to put a proposal forward to the owners to buy the asset at market value. The owner isn't obliged to sell it to them anyway! 

In this instance the stadium isn't likely to be used for anything else and the Rams Trust or other body wouldn't own the club just the building so assume they would have to find £80m from somewhere to offer to buy  it off Mel then they could do what they wanted with the building. 

After 6 months if nothing happens it loses its status. 

If the stadium sale was to try and help meet ffp rules would the purchase back make things difficult with ffp...

16 minutes ago, derby8 said:

If the stadium sale was to try and help meet ffp rules would the purchase back make things difficult with ffp...

They could buy it back for £1 and have no problem. They dont have to pay £80 mill for it

I don’t know about anyone else

I’m trying to stay positive and remember that only a few days ago Pearce said that everything was on track and it was the media and social media whipping up a frenzy 

but when I sit a listen to that sky sports story it’s hard to not start fearing for the future of our beloved club  

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm entirely confident we'll have new ownership soon.

Just not confident it won't be "Garbbet n Scarper, the malevolent financial management firm"

Didn’t they used to operate as Sue Grabbit and Run ? There was also the famed Grasper Meanie and Snatch along with Messrs Chancer Wide-Boy

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I can't get my head around why you would show interest and never follow through with any of your purchases. 

It just makes you look like a colossal bank stain.

Yeah that's something I have never understood unless it some sort of political play to make you look like a big boy back home? it's odd.

Now that this is dead and buried and other investors are being sought, if I were Mel I’d sue them for wasting our time. 
It does question though, why we entertained them from the start along with that other dodgy Henry Gnaby (or whatever his name is). Couldn’t have done much homework on those two. Isn’t that Pearce’s remit? If so he needs to step out of this or be pushed through the door. 

Archived