Abu Derby County

tinman

40 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They could buy it back for £1 and have no problem. They dont have to pay £80 mill for it

Would go for an all in price, club, stadium, etc, either with owner or administrator. Would want a fresh start, no debt. So my cash sum would be to cover all bases at an agreed price. Would not be in an undue rush. Monday after last game of the season best. Would use time before then to plan summer actions.

Derbyshire live

Sky Sports reporter David Craig, in attendance for the clash against Bournemouth at Pride Park, said Derby are now considering other options in their bid to attract much-needed investment.

“I do understand the club is actively looking for other investors at this moment in time,” he said.

“Whether they be short-term investors or long-term investors with the aim of taking over the football club, that’s not quite clear at this moment in time.

“There is some belief here that Sheikh Khaled could still complete the deal but we have to remember that was also the case at Newcastle United in 2019.

“The same investment group tried to buy them and it did not come to any fruition.

“They do need money, They do need to pay the outstanding wage bill and until they can do that they can’t bring any players in on loan or sign any players.

“One other way of doing it is selling some of the young talent here. Kaide Gordon starts on the bench and I’m told by many he is the best 16-year-old in the country.

We should have had contingency plans long ago, maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess then. It’s been clear for ages that they’re a bunch of time wasters, just as the Newcastle lot said. Mel has been totally duped, and he needs to realise that and tell them to duck off now, they’ve had their chance. Hopefully there are other potential investors out there who might genuinely want to buy the club off him, rather than playing whatever game BZI have been with us and Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Four

Anybody know if this paperwork has supposedly been done but the cash hasn't shown is Morris allowed under EFL guidelines to actually pay the players or would it now class as some kind of loan giving the the EFL the chance to stick the boot in again.

Only reason I can think this lack of wage malarkey is ongoing.

Rooney made a few comments tonight,

players not been paid 

We are in an Embargo

Not aware off the SSN stuff

BBC radio have said that the guy on skysports knows a lot and does know a lot with Newcastle so he may of heard whispers out of them! 

personally think this will drag on until we find new investment, if we can pay the players and give Rooney a little play in the market then that’s fine. Just don’t let this all effect what business we can do, as good as tonight was we need a couple new attacking faces  

4 hours ago, Indy said:

I suppose this begs the question: were Ramstrust informed before the club sold the stadium to Mel? If not, then there may well be a loophole (meaning their lack of information this time round doesn’t necessarily mean the sheikh isn’t buying the stadium (by way of acquiring the holding company)).

Apparently, Rams Trust questioned the sale to Mel but were told that it didn't fall under ACV rules because it was just an internal transfer, rather than an actual change of ownership. 

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In the Daily Mail article it says the shortfall for wages is 500k - the sale or MTW & Holmes will cover that so hopefully get that sorted and lift the embargo

Time to go and get other investors

Does it really matter if the transfer window is closed or not? If we can't pay the players we already have it doesn't really matter if we pay the wages for last month. Any other investment is going to take longer to come to fruition that this transfer window.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The fact Mel seems to have allowed that is frankly mental. 

Being Captain Hindsight is an easy gig..but in this case it really will look horrendous if we have supposedly made huge decisions based partly on the advice of a bunch of charlatans pretending they are going to invest. 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Does it really matter if the transfer window is closed or not? If we can't pay the players we already have it doesn't really matter if we pay the wages for last month. Any other investment is going to take longer to come to fruition that this transfer window.

We dont need new owners to bring players in, the embargo is due to wages being paid.

We have paid wages every month previously just not the month we expected the Sheikh to pay. Morris is now finding a way to free up or get that money and I would think if he is getting a loan it will be enough to cover the rest of the seasons wages

I know people are saying the owners have been playing owners for free in terms of decisions but I very much doubt they have made the decisions.

With them potentially buying us they would have been consulted as any changes would then change what they're buying.

So Mel would have wanted to sack Cocu, hire McClaren & Rooney - he would have just ran it past the potential new owners too

Makes sense to me