Abu Derby County

tinman

4 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

What I find baffling more than anything is that this Shiekh tried to buy Newcastle for I think 250m if he had that sort of money and he was that determined to own a football club, then why is a poxy 60m so hard to sort out for Derby

Lol. Because he didn't have that sort of money, nor the Liverpool money. I imagine he 'makes a bid' on a club and then looks for funding to back his bid up with?

I see @MackworthRamIsGod has just posted similar, I've not seen the tweets just adding up the info...

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There is a very good chance he isnt buying Derby with his own money.

When there was talk of him buying Liverpool there was a Chinese investor willing to back him for 750 million.

He obviously finds a project (Liverpool/Newcastle/Derby), works all the sums out, pitches it to the many investors on his books and waits for someone to bite.

Twitter rumours suggest part of the delay as been due to initial investors backing out and Khaled rallying round other investors.

Possible of course, but how many investors are going to be lying around with millions to spare that they are going to pump into a football club. I would guess if that was the case then the whole thing would have fallen through by now.

My own pure speculation on this is that enhanced due diligence within the financial system is the reason for the delay.

I don't know, I hope I'm wrong I really do, but it just doesn't seem to be "what's best" for Derby, this Shiekh is obviously not in the same ball park as the Man City shiekh, if he is having to go round cap in hand trying to get funding to buy the club, I'm not a doom and gloomer, I hope I am wrong and it all turns out magical, but it just doesn't sit right with me...anyways Happy New Year to all, let's hope it's a good one, without any tiers ,???سنه جديده سعيده

sanah jadiduh saeidah

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When there was talk of him buying Liverpool there was a Chinese investor willing to back him for 750 million.

He obviously finds a project (Liverpool/Newcastle/Derby), works all the sums out, pitches it to the many investors on his books and waits for someone to bite.

Twitter rumours suggest part of the delay as been due to initial investors backing out and Khaled rallying round other investors.

If this is true .

Then its FRIGHTENING !! 

This is possibly going to be the worse time ever for the club , owned by people who dont have the clout to get us where we need to be a total let down again to what we orginaly thought was happening . 

Im going to pin my hat to the wall that within 6 months this is going to be turn around to be one of the worst decsions ever . Its TAKEN FAR TO LONG for no good reason . This isnt the takeover that we all thought and wanted . 

19 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

If this is true .

Then its FRIGHTENING !! 

This is possibly going to be the worse time ever for the club , owned by people who dont have the clout to get us where we need to be a total let down again to what we orginaly thought was happening . 

Im going to pin my hat to the wall that within 6 months this is going to be turn around to be one of the worst decsions ever . Its TAKEN FAR TO LONG for no good reason . This isnt the takeover that we all thought and wanted . 

Think you need a sit down.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you do the research you find out he himself is very wealthy through his business dealings. The BZ group do work the way you say to a degree, they identify a project then bring a group together to fund it they then persue it. 

It really is no different to our past owners GSE who did exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

If this is true .

Then its FRIGHTENING !! 

By the way It IS exactly the takeover that I thought and I NEVER wanted. 

16 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

If you do the research you find out he himself is very wealthy through his business dealings. The BZ group do work the way you say to a degree, they identify a project then bring a group together to fund it they then persue it. 

Yeah my own experience of trying to get business funding was that the wealthy "angels" just used their contacts rather than stumping up any of their own money.

I guess that's how they got rich.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Is the comparison with GSE meant to be reassuring? 'cos we had a bottom 6 budget (according to Johnny Metgod) throughout most of their tenure. Starting to hope this doesn't happen...

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't this the cornerstone of investment? Using other people's money to grow your own business? Hardly a new or worrying phenomenon if true. 

It is...but surely investors aren't going to see Derby as a great investment opportunity?  I was hoping it was more of a vanity project from someone with more money than sense. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

It is...but surely investors aren't going to see Derby as a great investment opportunity?  I was hoping it was more of a vanity project from someone with more money than sense. 

I guess herein lies the answer to your question....if investors don't see Derby as a great investment opportunity then that could explain the delay in the takeover as there won't be many takers....look at Burnley though are you saying they have more potential than Derby? Granted they're in the Premiership (for now) but crap ground, no support.....

I’m trying to apply a practical and realistic approach to this. It’s easy to get over excited by any proposed or actual takeover and most fans dream that it will be our turn to get lucky and have huge amounts of cash just waiting to be spent on better players. As boring as it sounds  getting a new owner who keeps our head above water and sustainable for the next few years might be the best we can hope for. After reading the Pride book by @HuddersRammy view about GSE’s tenure is less critical than what it was and if BZG are similar it might not be the worst thing in the world. 

32 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Wrong way around. Investors seek a return and will typically inject funds where and when needed to protect their initial outlay. Vanity projects are as often as not discarded or left untended to when interest wanes, the Venkys at Blackburn being a good example. Man City and PSG are effectively state PR projects not the playthings of individuals, despite Mansour often being portrayed in the Abramovic frontman role. Even Real Madrid have been partly state financed as evidenced by their ground sale to the regional authorities at a price around 3 times its actual value.

As for Derby not being an attractive investment, I think that's way off the mark. Huge support in a one-club City, have recently been playing at a level well under expectations and consequently priced accordingly, yet now look more like a side capable of mounting a promotion challenge with relatively modest additional funding - a CB, striker plus 1/2 loans being all we need. Add to that the class leading facilities and a wealth of talent coming through an academy that has been more than a match for most Premiership equivalents and even without my Rams goggles on I'd say we're absolutely primed for investment.

My sense of things is that the downturn in form may have partly caused the delays as confidence waned, likewise the EFL malarkey, but I think perhaps now there will be some scrambling to get the deal sorted, especially if the upturn in fortunes is again confirmed tonight, which I believe it will be.

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Is the comparison with GSE meant to be reassuring? 'cos we had a bottom 6 budget (according to Johnny Metgod) throughout most of their tenure. Starting to hope this doesn't happen...

GSE had a way of applying funding from the investors that meant the richest could never put in more than the poorest. However they steadied the ship. applied a business model that ultimately bought Steve McClaren and that enjoyable football. 

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

GSE had a way of applying funding from the investors that meant the richest could never put in more than the poorest. However they steadied the ship. applied a business model that ultimately bought Steve McClaren and that enjoyable football. 

Yes I went to Pride Park for a meeting with Tom Glick once. He was actually very impressive but said we needed another 10,000 on the gate to enable us to sign the centre forward we desperately needed at the time. Clough was unable to get the funds for any of his main targets because we couldn't complete financially. For example, James Vaughan went to Huddersfield instead when we were trying to sign him.

15 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Yes I went to Pride Park for a meeting with Tom Glick once. He was actually very impressive but said we needed another 10,000 on the gate to enable us to sign the centre forward we desperately needed at the time. Clough was unable to get the funds for any of his main targets because we couldn't complete financially. For example, James Vaughan went to Huddersfield instead when we were trying to sign him.

Was that a group session? Or one to one? 

Archived