Abu Derby County

tinman

On 25/12/2020 at 08:49, NottsRammy said:

The penny will finally drop when this takeover doesnt happen when the transfer market reopens very shortly .

It takes a very large penny farthing to drop directly on some peoples heads to get the message all is not well . 

just saying, mike ashley constantly touts takeovers are happening close to a transfer window so before you know it the transfer window is shut and he doesnt have to spend any money

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not convinced that the wider fan base is really that much less unified than usual. Don’t forget, on forums like this and social media as a whole, it only takes a handful of people to present opposing views (sometimes over aggressively. It’s a bit like road road - when protected by relative anonymity many people often act and talk in a way they wouldn’t dream of doing so face to face) to make it appear as if civil war has broken out. This year has of course been far worse than usual due to none football related issues.

Onwards and upwards though. In many ways 2021 could be even worse than 2020 but, with little evidence to support, I’m reasonably confident it will better.

we all want Derby to do well however our opinions may differ

No matter if you think Mel's made a mess or that he's done ok ,or that we shouldn't sell to the Sheikh or he will save us , that the team's rubbish or they are getting better , Rooney's not the right man for the job or he's is.

There is ONE indelible fact which binds US all together. 

That is we LIVE and BREATHE Derby County and will  'always' want them do well. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not convinced that the wider fan base is really that much less unified than usual. Don’t forget, on forums like this and social media as a whole, it only takes a handful of people to present opposing views (sometimes over aggressively. It’s a bit like road road - when protected by relative anonymity many people often act and talk in a way they wouldn’t dream of doing so face to face) to make it appear as if civil war has broken out. This year has of course been far worse than usual due to none football related issues.

Onwards and upwards though. In many ways 2021 could be even worse than 2020 but, with little evidence to support, I’m reasonably confident it will better.

Agreed, we generally agree... And don't get me started about road road... 

I said this before today’s game and it received a few laughter emojis that I hope don’t come back to bite us

But imo this window still remains a huge one for us that we have to get right 

today showed and hopefully reminded a few football is a funny old game.... all it takes is one bad decision by a player .. a referee or whoever and ur fortunes can change 

I assume waghorn will now miss three games suspended 

which allows us to throw back in the totally erratic tom Lawrence or the not played for god know how long jordon Ibe .. neither bring guarantees of anything and in Waggy’s absence even more pressure falls onto CKR to lead the line ... for 3 games .. with no breather ... no let up

I stand by my point 

this window is f ing massive 

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I assume waghorn will now miss three games suspended 

which allows us to throw back in the totally erratic tom Lawrence or the not played for god know how long jordon Ibe .. neither bring guarantees of anything and in Waggy’s absence even more pressure falls onto CKR to lead the line ... for 3 games .. with no breather ... no let up

Personally if we'd started without Waghorn, but 11 men I think we'd easily have done better. He's not a footballer and for all everyone says put him out wide right he doesn't do enough to warrant the place. So I hope Lawrence is fit, or it might be Joz swapping sides and Ibe risked (he's clearly not 90 minutes fit).

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Personally if we'd started without Waghorn, but 11 men I think we'd easily have done better. He's not a footballer and for all everyone says put him out wide right he doesn't do enough to warrant the place. So I hope Lawrence is fit, or it might be Joz swapping sides and Ibe risked (he's clearly not 90 minutes fit).

You don't like waggy do you

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nah. Lawrence has more technical ability but only delivers an end product one game in ten and is largely anonymous for the other nine. Waghorn never stops working, tracks back to help out in defence and makes life difficult for opposing defenders. 

Lawrence is one of those players who will always be just on the verge of being a really good player but will never quite get there. Waghorn every time, despite today's over exuberance!

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sal on Twitter, who did the interview a couple of months back regarding Sheikh Khaled, seems to think the delay could be because some of the initial investors in the consortium have backed out and Khaled is busy rallying round trying to get new ones.

There may be an issue along these lines. Equally, the Sheikh might be agreeing a deal with new minority investors and might want them to be in at closing. 

But neither of those means the deal isn’t happening !! More likely, it just affects timing. 

I agree with those who say MM would not have announced the deal without carefully assessing certainty of funding

4 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Nah. Lawrence has more technical ability but only delivers an end product one game in ten and is largely anonymous for the other nine. Waghorn never stops working, tracks back to help out in defence and makes life difficult for opposing defenders. 

Lawrence is one of those players who will always be just on the verge of being a really good player but will never quite get there. Waghorn every time, despite today's over exuberance!

Slightly ironic to compare Lawrence's end product favourably with Waghorns given that it probably also takes Waghorn ten chances to deliver the end product of one goal. 

I'd trade Waghorns helping out in defence with becoming more clinical infront of goal every day of the week.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Slightly ironic to compare Lawrence's end product favourably with Waghorns given that it probably also takes Waghorn ten chances to deliver the end product of one goal. 

I'd trade Waghorns helping out in defence with becoming more clinical infront of goal every day of the week.

Agree actually - he needs too many chances per goal. But still scored 2 more than Lawrence last season and 2 more than him this season. 

Archived