Abu Derby County

tinman

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

our most likely scorer just now is Clark from set pieces   

Lol. 

He's got one in a season and a half.

Never a team less likely to score from a corner since the Harlem Globetrotters!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I now think this take over is not going to happen.

Kind regards

..etc

Over a month ago, I posted something similar and got some angry emojis and replies along the lines chill man etc...

interesting to see that nothing of the kind has happened to your post, perhaps time has eroded the optimism of some on here.

Mind you, chilling is good though

52 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Over a month ago, I posted something similar and got some angry emojis and replies along the lines chill man etc...

interesting to see that nothing of the kind has happened to your post, perhaps time has eroded the optimism of some on here.

Mind you, chilling is good though

May be the responses come from the very simple fact that the majority of us are sick to the hind teeth of hearing you doom and gloom merchants peddling your views with no facts to back it up!

38 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

May be the responses come from the very simple fact that the majority of us are sick to the hind teeth of hearing you doom and gloom merchants peddling your views with no facts to back it up!

What's the difference between a pessimist and an optimist ?

Pessimist says: "things cant get any worse!"

Optimist says: "sure they can!"

I am forever the optimist, have a like.

44 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

I always find it funny when people are called doom and gloom merchants; given our current league position, EFL charges, failed takeover last year, ongoing takeover saga this year, lack of a winger signing last summer, lack of a striker signing in the last window (I could go on and on), you find the doom and gloom merchants clearly have a much more realistic view on things than the so called happy clappers.

The doom and gloomers dare to ask questions and dare to challenge what is obviously wrong with the club (or world), the happy clappers smile and say thank you whilst being bent over, Rogered and charged for the privilege.

55 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Quite - When the same people are saying the same thing day after day after day, it's a little tiresome. Pointless trying to debate as well.

On 26/12/2020 at 10:07, Abu Derby said:

May as well move on now- obviously there is a complication. 

I think you've unwittingly hit the nail on the head. These things are very complicated, they take time, sometimes longer than you may wish.

The 'buying a house' analogy that has been mentioned several times is very apt, buying a house is a relatively simple transaction and can take months to 'get over the line'.

Without dishing out any facts I’d probably say Derby’s finances make them one of the most complicated business’s in the football pyramid. The MSD loan, the stadium, the ongoing court appeal, the fact that a betting company are paying the wages of our star player turned manager - all tricky situations no doubt. No surprise they’ve got work to get through to get it done. Also - they’re the issues that are out in the public - who know what else was lurking in the closet. 

34 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thinking back - how simple was the transition from GSE to Mel? 

I suppose in a way that took 16 months or so from Mel buy a stake to taking over. As far as I know we have no idea how long negotiations and the final sale took.

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

I think you've unwittingly hit the nail on the head. These things are very complicated, they take time, sometimes longer than you may wish.

The 'buying a house' analogy that has been mentioned several times is very apt, buying a house is a relatively simple transaction and can take months to 'get over the line'.

Your bored of the doom and gloomers , I'm bored with the same poo excuses and time frames being given then exceeded......I've mentioned what the Geordie posted over 200 pages ago, nothing has convinced me since that he was right about this Shiekh, nothing at all

10 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Your bored of the doom and gloomers , I'm bored with the same poo excuses and time frames being given then exceeded......I've mentioned what the Geordie posted over 200 pages ago, nothing has convinced me since that he was right about this Shiekh, nothing at all

Don't you mean 'wrong'? 

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Buying a house becomes more complicated when you are operating in a long chain so one snag somewhere then has a knock on effect on the rest of the chain.

Unless I'm not up to speed I'm not aware of any dependencies which makes the whole protracted timeframe totally unacceptable.

Fed up with all the pointless bickering about absolutely nothing in this thread when looking for any news.  Please can someone either change the title or start a new thread to make it obvious when there is any certainty or actual news for those who think FFS every time they open it. Sorry to be grumpy - tier 4 blues - but blimey

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Fed up with all the pointless bickering about absolutely nothing in this thread when looking for any news.  Please can someone either change the title or start a new thread to make it obvious when there is any certainty or actual news for those who think FFS every time they open it. Sorry to be grumpy - tier 4 blues - but blimey

star-wars-the-mandalorian-t-shirt-this-is-the-way.jpg.40f31d7d33d89526b90c6bc59d568a29.jpg

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Simon Groom?

Archived