Abu Derby County

tinman

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

Hi

thanks for that, I've got some papers on that somewhere.  did they get a charge on PP to secure the lend can't quite remember.  I know there was some concern over whether 3 were 'rewarded' for negotiating the deal.  I have no idea and it is all probably rubbish anyway.

They allegedly got a fat commission from the lending Panamanian bank,  as they basically "sold" the club the very expensive loan....... 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/Derby-county-news-takeover-latest-b1720223.html

This article suggests the new ownership arrangement is going to be closer to that of Sheff Utd than Man City. Seems more likely to me. If as stated, Sheikh Khaled is more of a 'distant cousin twice removed' (to Sheikh Mansour of Man City) without access to vast wealth or state support, perhaps we shouldn't be expecting massive investment. Maybe something more along the lines of the financial support Mr Morris has provided, if we are lucky.....

Apologies if the article (link) above has previously been posted. 

4 hours ago, biellaram said:

There are quite a few companies with more money than many countries. 

I’m not sure that we should believe all we read in our press about him. Many conflicting reports about what happened re Liverpool and NUFC. I suspect that as he’s not very accessible or public, our journalists may have ‘filled in some blanks’ with whatever suited them. 

Unusually for this site, people who don’t understand how to interpret financial transactions and the processes involved, aren’t letting this stop them having a well entrenched opinion they’ll defend til they die! 

If anyone else had asset stripped DCFC we’d have gone mad. Mel has. He’s dropped us in a financial mess and then to ‘save’ us - taken one of the most important things - our stadium. Furthermore, under Mel we have (under) sold our talented youth...Hughes, Hendrick, Lowe and Bogle. Why are you all defending this....but ‘sceptical’ about this ‘Saudi (sic) fella’??? Ffs ?‍♂️ 

People would naturally be sceptical about an unknown international person they can’t find definitive reports who has been involved in two failed takeover bids. 
Whatever people’s thoughts on Morris, he has consistently backed managers financially bankrolling fees and wages while spending on improving facilities at the club. Hendrick was sold for £10 mil which I don’t believe is a small amount. The Hughes sale was a shame but was that pushed for by the manager ? I’m not sure. The sale of the other two reflects where we are at the moment financially. We have had championship income for 13 plus years and in Covid times, it’s unrealistic to expect massive money for any of our players. 

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That's probably in the ball park Rampage. 

I should also point out that his academy spending is over and above the losses that count towards P&S in the accounts, as it's disregarded for such purposes.

I'm just saying there's an extra £4m investment each year, over and above the baseline loss, that we won't know is worthwhile for some time to come, and there's no guarantee any new owner will take the same decision to carry on in the same manner.

If the investment carries on for another 5 years, then we'll find out if it was worth it, not now.

Four players in England U20s. One in U21s. Knight full internation. About 6 other very promising players coming through. Personally I am mightily impressed. Academy facilities also used by first team.

2 hours ago, biellaram said:

Again lots of truths. But he’s got us into the poo. How is that good ownership. He isn’t a charity he’s supposed to be a businessman but gambled the clubs finances by over spending. He spaffed millions instead of creating a plan. He had to sell because we were struggling for cash - his fault, as the owner. Yes, if in 2014 I’d have had his money I’d have bought the club. But I would have set a fixed budget and done the thing I can’t recall him ever really doing.....increasing our income. This is the businessman who gave the ipro money back.......??‍♂️??‍♂️
nice guy, bad owner? That’s indisputable surely? Are we in the prem? Are we financially secure? Nope. 

Everyone to his own opinion.  Mel...what a guy.

Has there been any discussion of @David's place during the transition and continuing in post under the new ownership?

Are they looking at shaking up mod staff?

Will they be happy with the ad clicks?

Will David be forced to return his company cheufered Maybach ?

We'll find out when the forum "influencers" are summoned to a "breakfast" i guess.

51 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The club surely includes the stadium

Normally yes. I don’t think so here. The stadium has just been bought for £80m. I admit to making gross assumptions but....it seems as the stadium is separated from the club, through different ownership, at that price, it’s not included? Have you seen anywhere that it is included? 

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

People would naturally be sceptical about an unknown international person they can’t find definitive reports who has been involved in two failed takeover bids. 
Whatever people’s thoughts on Morris, he has consistently backed managers financially bankrolling fees and wages while spending on improving facilities at the club. Hendrick was sold for £10 mil which I don’t believe is a small amount. The Hughes sale was a shame but was that pushed for by the manager ? I’m not sure. The sale of the other two reflects where we are at the moment financially. We have had championship income for 13 plus years and in Covid times, it’s unrealistic to expect massive money for any of our players. 

Ok but where we are financially is down to Mel. How do you feel about the club not owning it’s own stadium? 
Sceptical is one thing, but people are just making things up and taking gossip/rumour as gospel. 

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has there been any discussion of @David's place during the transition and continuing in post under the new ownership?

Are they looking at shaking up mod staff?

Will they be happy with the ad clicks?

Will David be forced to return his company cheufered Maybach ?

We'll find out when the forum "influencers" are summoned to a "breakfast" i guess.

I heard that @David was an Abu Dhabi princeling months ago. £60m is nothing to a man of his means. Has anyone seen him and the new owner in the same room together? See. He's never even denied it.

8 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Normally yes. I don’t think so here. The stadium has just been bought for £80m. I admit to making gross assumptions but....it seems as the stadium is separated from the club, through different ownership, at that price, it’s not included? Have you seen anywhere that it is included? 

No evidence that it is included or excluded., bielaram. Mel deserves to make a profit out of this deal in.my opinion.

1 hour ago, europia said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/Derby-county-news-takeover-latest-b1720223.html

This article suggests the new ownership arrangement is going to be closer to that of Sheff Utd than Man City. Seems more likely to me. If as stated, Sheikh Khaled is more of a 'distant cousin twice removed' (to Sheikh Mansour of Man City) without access to vast wealth or state support, perhaps we shouldn't be expecting massive investment. Maybe something more along the lines of the financial support Mr Morris has provided, if we are lucky.....

I disagree I always feel a new owner wants to pour in money to buy success flex their ego. Not many owners come in with the idea of running a club like a business especially from the Middle East riches. 
My hope is they will employ good advisors like the owners of wolves did, to ensure the money is spent wisely, otherwise we may just waste money. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

They’ve basically wheeled in an “expert” who doesn’t really know anything, and has had a bit of a guess.

4 minutes ago, biellaram said:

hard to think he's bought the club but not the stadium. Most likely some tax accountant has expensively wrapped it up in a sale and leaseback with puts and calls and bells and whistles. Don't think we'll be reading the details in the next match day programme.   Transparency is not a feature of the beautiful game ...

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

The club surely includes the stadium

1 hour ago, biellaram said:

I hope Mel retains the stadium as a safeguard for the future of the club he loves. He can put it in a trust so that Derby can play there in perpetuity and pay nominal rent, but preventing the owners turning it into a supermarket or offices. It would be a great legacy for him to leave the club (as well as the academy).

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I heard that @David was an Abu Dhabi princeling months ago. £60m is nothing to a man of his means. Has anyone seen him and the new owner in the same room together? See. He's never even denied it.

If I had £60m you would never hear from me ever again ?

Archived