Bobby Duncan

rammieib

Ok so anyone know what’s going on here?

I can actually understand not being involved this far in any first team squads but to not have been involved in any of the under 23 squads - why?

He was called up (and got some game time?) by England under 20 recently so I’m genuinely curious if anyone knows what is going on?

Ibe hasn’t played for a year - gets game time. Bielik after 9 months etc 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Ok so anyone know what’s going on here?

I can actually understand not being involved this far in any first team squads but to not have been involved in any of the under 23 squads - why?

He was called up (and got some game time?) by England under 20 recently so I’m genuinely curious if anyone knows what is going on?

Ibe hasn’t played for a year - gets game time. Bielik after 9 months etc 

Interesting.

Seems very odd that there’s been very little update on his fitness. He was the marquee signing for the academy, so you’d think we’d be making a big deal out of him. For him not to be involved at all so far, not even on the bench, is very strange - especially since England deemed him fit enough to play. You’d have thought someone would have given some sort of indication by now as to when he was going to be involved. A conspiracy theorist would say something else is going on behind the scenes given how his time here has gone so far.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Pointless rumour time... he was in The New Inn in Milford on Friday when we were playing Forest with his agent - who's apparently an obnoxious rick.

Another one? I thought he'd recently got rid of one of those? 

Maybe him playing for England when he wasn't fit enough has delayed his progress, or even brought on another injury? 

Wasn't there some suggestion about his attitude being why previous clubs had let him go?

Still, it's far more likely that he wasn't fit, aggrivated something whilst with England u20 and just isn't fit enough to play yet.

As for footballers and agents being obnoxious people, well, that wouldn't surprise me but no idea if it's true in this case.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Pointless rumour time... he was in The New Inn in Milford on Friday when we were playing Forest with his agent - who's apparently an obnoxious rick.

Would that be the agent he sacked for the lies he told to get him to move to fiorentina?)

He’s only been here a couple of weeks. Give the lad a chance. That’s what we as a club are doing. His time at Fiorentina did not work out, and as a result he needed a chance somewhere else. Cocu and the club said when he signed that he was signed primarily for the U23s, with the possibility of promotion to first team if he impresses. Let’s give him a few more weeks in training before expecting him to tear up the U23s. I get the majority on here are just asking the question where he is, but it’s frustrating how some are already linking it to an attitude problem. Let’s not assume already, unless someone has concrete evidence?

11 minutes ago, r4derby said:

He’s only been here a couple of weeks. Give the lad a chance. That’s what we as a club are doing. His time at Fiorentina did not work out, and as a result he needed a chance somewhere else. Cocu and the club said when he signed that he was signed primarily for the U23s, with the possibility of promotion to first team if he impresses. Let’s give him a few more weeks in training before expecting him to tear up the U23s. I get the majority on here are just asking the question where he is, but it’s frustrating how some are already linking it to an attitude problem. Let’s not assume already, unless someone has concrete evidence?

Let's also give credit to the existing U23s. 

They have been playing well and dropping players to accommodate Ibe and Bielik is one thing, to slot in someone who hasn't played at that level is entirely different. 

Cocu and co will want Duncan to know it's hard work getting noticed at Derby. 

From the little I've read about the lad he will be determined to make his mark when the opportunity arises. 

Archived