Bobby Duncan

rammieib

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Ah but this isn’t exciting enough. Let’s all make up some unfounded rumours instead.

No point in him playing unfit by our standards and getting injured straight away. Just hang around snibbing near as possible to their goalkeeper with no real running around is not the answer. Snibbing is a word that we used to use as kids meaning as above. I could not resist using it as I did a fair bit of snibbing. Not sure if it is a real word to be fair.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

No point in him playing unfit by our standards and getting injured straight away. Just hang around snibbing near as possible to their goalkeeper with no real running around is not the answer. Snibbing is a word that we used to use as kids meaning as above. I could not resist using it as I did a fair bit of snibbing. Not sure if it is a real word to be fair.

Related to snib on a window catch so I suppose hanging around looking for a way to score when there is a slight opening to do so.

Bobby posted on twitter today about mental health issues along the "it's OK not to be OK" theme. Good on him. There are a series of further tweets from him, but now deleted, but this post mentions the young Man City academy lad Jeremy Wiston who died recently (and of course Bobby was at the Man City academy).

I thought it was a mature and generous post from the lad offering his time:

It's good to have someone like this in our Academy. What happened to Wiston might have knocked him back. He's not played for a long time and the U23s are doing well with a wealth of attacking talent. I'm sure he wants to hit the ground running rather than play when he's not ready. Ibe apparently has one more U23 game before transitioning to the first team squad. Leaving Bobby to compete with the likes of Jahmal Hector Ingram, Morgan Whittaker, Jack Stretton and Josh Shonibare, none of whom rightly will want the new guy to walk into the team in front of them.

Over the course of the next month or so I'm sure we'll see Duncan come into the picture.

It's agent who was the Bamford and he has since ditched him.

Slightly spurious but I know a lad who trained with him at Liverpool academy. When we signed him I asked him what he thought and his view was 'decent lad, very talented, does like the trappings of being a professional footballer (e.g. cars) and regrets going to Fiorentina. Was very jealous to see some of the young lads get minutes at Liverpool (e.g. Carabao Cup)'.

No bother with his attitude, just his selection of agents that got him into a bit of bother. He's fixed that, and he's a Ram, so can't wait to see him.

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Related to snib on a window catch so I suppose hanging around looking for a way to score when there is a slight opening to do so.

Hmm interesting. To snib does indeed mean to fasten a lock on door or window but according to the Urban Dictionary the term is also typically used as a verb describing the action of smoking a large amount of a substance over time, but in small increments. So snibbing around the goalposts takes on a whole new meaning

4 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hmm interesting. To snib does indeed mean to fasten a lock on door or window but according to the Urban Dictionary the term is also typically used as a verb describing the action of smoking a large amount of a substance over time, but in small increments. So snibbing around the goalposts takes on a whole new meaning

Any other mysterious colloquialisms out there. Queedle - fidget around on a stool seat.

34 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Any other mysterious colloquialisms out there. Queedle - fidget around on a stool seat.

Not wishing to move away from this thread but the Urban dictionary says that queedle means the noise made by a mans testicles slapping against the female. Think I prefer that to fidgeting on a stool

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Not wishing to move away from this thread but the Urban dictionary says that queedle means the noise made by a mans testicles slapping against the female. Think I prefer that to fidgeting on a stool

I like some of the words b4 uses. I actually prefer them. Niddle was one my favourites. 

another good source Of definitions is ‘The meaning of Liff’ by Douglas Adams which explains the meaning of words such as budby, belper, uttoxeter, and shoeburyness.

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Indeed, on a different note - I've always been a bit concerned about Buchanan's attitude. Not sure it's quite all there....

Is that from what you’ve seen on the pitch or what you’ve heard?

One of his (apparent) best mates told my mate on a night out that he’s not that arsed about football. Even if true, I can’t say I’ve seen anything on the pitch that suggests that’s going to be a problem, and many successful footballers have said that they’re not particularly passionate about the game. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

There we go, that should stop any dodgy rumours that might have emerged. Shame for the lad that he’s had a few injuries, but I guess it’s to be expected with the shut down of youth football due to COVID. Will take a while for him to rebuild his fitness, just like Ibe.

20 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems very odd that there’s been very little update on his fitness. He was the marquee signing for the academy, so you’d think we’d be making a big deal out of him. For him not to be involved at all so far, not even on the bench, is very strange - especially since England deemed him fit enough to play. You’d have thought someone would have given some sort of indication by now as to when he was going to be involved. A conspiracy theorist would say something else is going on behind the scenes given how his time here has gone so far.

Good job you're not one of those  conspiracy theorists

Archived