Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

We’ve got about our strongest squad available. No team will have a full team without injuries. So if were not competitive Olin the next few babes we definitely need a manager that can get the best out of these players 

I think we're still well short of our strongest  squad. Beleik, Rooney, Ibe and Sibley would be in every matchday squad. Add to this CKR, Lawrence and Waghorn, who only returned to first team training last week and can't be match fit. All these players add to the creativity of the team and can only add to what is very little creativity we have ATM.

42 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Can I help?

Please join the queue and observe the 2m spacing. You are Number 1 Zillion and 63 in the queue. Would you like to be put on hold or for us to ring you back when we are less busy say a Friday in 3083 in the afternoon between 2pm and 3 pm is our next available interview due to our covid awareness policy. This is a recorded message. Have a nice day.

I can understand why we are dreading this game, Forest are flying after their lucky 1-0 win at Blackburn and their scintillating 1-1 draw with Rotherham last night. Come on! They’ve got problems too! Could this even be a relegation 6 pointer?! 

We will probably stay with 3 at the back so I’ll go 3-4-3

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Clarke

Byrne     Knight     Shinnie    Buchanan

Jozwiak    Waghorn  Lawrence 

Not top 6 but that ain’t a bad team and one more than capable of matching last season once they click. Let’s hope it’s Friday.

COYR!

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’m assuming......

7CC9B679-81E6-4FE1-9A27-12B7B49BD22E.thumb.jpeg.10f1769d6db0db392a1b76276bc04201.jpeg

what else is he supposed to do?

That’s as good as it gets. 

If we’re persisting with a back 3 that’s not far off our strongest line up. I think if we persist with it we’re in for a long season. But that team is more than capable of getting a result on Friday. 

I just really hope on Friday night we have a good go at them, no sitting back hit them hard and fast. Even if we go a goal down, keep going. Once we get one I’m sure we’ll get 2, 3 or heavens above 4. Not bothered about anything else other than we give it a proper go and no matter what leave the council dump knowing we did everything we could. #COYR 

ps play with a 4 1 3 2 please Phil, Jozwiak Knight and Lawrence behind a front two of Waghorn and Turkish Colin. Shinne in front of the back 4. Let’s  get at them !!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Norwichram2 said:

Am I missing something? I thought Sibley iis back in training and potentially available for Florist game? If so pair him with Knight with Shinnie as holding mid. We do want to win.... 

Last I read he still out for a couple of weeks at least, behind Bielik and Ibe to return.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

If we swapped Wisdom for Bird we would have a better chance of getting it to the front three.

Five at the back is overkill.

4 hours ago, enachops said:

If we’re persisting with a back 3 that’s not far off our strongest line up. I think if we persist with it we’re in for a long season. But that team is more than capable of getting a result on Friday. 

Dunno. Jim Smith used this system and produced some great games.

Right now we’ve gone from conceding 8 in 3 games to 2 in 3 games so it seems to have worked.

Archived