Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, that 3 x halves I've seen this season so far.  Two at Norwich, and one here.

I really can't see why so many on here are so miserable!  ?

P5

L4

W1 (lucky free kick and lucky penalty slip/miss)

COCU

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Exactly, we know that Hamer won't come and claim the ball so we should be filling that 6 yard box. Seems like they're all making the same run to the front post though. 

It defies belief. 

I have absolutely no idea how they think they are going to score from a corner. 

All huddled on the line where they can get no momentum to jump. 

Good in midfield though. Some nice closing down and interplay. 

We really should ahead.
Byrne and bird Have had great opportunities and one shocking offside decision has cost us.

much better with very mobile Strikers, lots of energy, and Jason knight once again the best player on the pitch.

?

This is the 4th game in a row where I can say we're playing better than we have all season. Early on at Blackburn we were playing nicely, the match at Norwich we battled hard and broke well and against Watford we deserved at least a draw and it took a worldie for them to win.

This first half we've been in control and created the better chances. Still a bit nervous in front of goal, would've loved Jozwiak to put his chance away, but I can see us creating better chances and their back line is suspect. Perfect setup for CKR or JHI to come on in the 2nd half and cause more problems with some aerial threat too.

Nice to see Clarke and Wisdom doing the overlapping CB stuff like Sheff U from a couple of seasons back. Davies is solid in defence but he can't pass a ball without putting us on the back foot. Marshall is showing some good footwork and good passing range.

I hope people can see the green shoots of the tactics coming together. Jozwiak and Lawrence are match winners.

Not a bad half, but not a great deal of threat again. We’ve shown a bit more energy pressing, but still too slow when we gain possession to actually really create anything. Huddersfield have gifted us a fair few chances that we haven’t capitalised on. Similar to Watford, I think we will live to regret that. Lawrence and Jozwiak have looked good, but are lacking a striker to play off. And what the hell is going on with our crossing?! I mean it’s usually pretty bank, but they’ve outdone themselves today. Almost as bad as that offside decision.

Much much better. Who knew, pushing the team 10 yards up the pitch and looking to play passes forward could make such a difference!!

Only criticism though is the amount of time they gave us the ball in their final third from either a defender or a hamer mistake and we didn’t make anything of it. Have to punish them any of those mistakes second half!! 

Does our overall play look quicker too without rooney? 

So frustrating that no matter how good you are in this league, you are still at the mercy of truly awful officiating. It’s so sub-par every week and drives me up the wall.

Weirdly, the EFL needs VAR more than the PL.

Much better performance again, we’re beginning to see what this team will look like now.

Archived