How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ramos said:

5 wins in our last 23 games in all comps.

2 in our last 20.

1 In 11 this season. 

No goals from open play since Birmingham away at the end of last season in the league. 

Just two goals scored in 8 home games this season in all comps. One point picked up. 

Times has to be up - as much as I rooted for the guy we can’t keep letting games slip past and making excuses. Those stats are awful for any manager, I’m surprised there’s anyone left who can look at that in black and white and think he will turn it around. 

Reluctantly I agree. 

It’s not just a question of whether the new owners can afford to sack cocu, it’s whether our ffp predicament allows us to blow £4m without triggering another transfer embargo or threat of another points deduction.

I’d be amazed if he’s on 90k a week (although with Morris who knows!). At the time of arrival it was reported that’s Dutch managers in Holland get paid substantially less than the players. So at PSV he wasn’t on a massive wedge. May have changed at Fenerbache but I’d be very surprised - half it and we may be closer to the truth. 

47 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s not just a question of whether the new owners can afford to sack cocu, it’s whether our ffp predicament allows us to blow £4m without triggering another transfer embargo or threat of another points deduction.

We'd still do better with a new manager and a transfer embargo and point deduction. That is how poor Cocu and team are.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

All the people who say he should resign are having a laugh. He presumably still feels he can turn things around. He must have confidence in himself otherwise he'd never become a football manager. 

Sorry to say it but I fear both Phil and Wayne will cost us an arm and a leg to sack. 

Unless the new owners have plans to skirt FFP and have the willingness to blow what I guess is something in the vicinity of £5-10m just to pay off those two, I don't see how we can afford to sack anyone, let alone replace them. With Ranieri ?

Then get ready to visiting League 1, maybe the likes of Newport, Swindon, Wimbledon, the glamour of it. 

5 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Then get ready to visiting League 1, maybe the likes of Newport, Swindon, Wimbledon, the glamour of it. 

He won't resign, I'm sure.

He will cost a fortune to sack.

Both these are fairly nailed on. If that means we get relegated, get used to the idea. Wishing it was different won't make it go away.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

All the people who say he should resign are having a laugh. He presumably still feels he can turn things around. He must have confidence in himself otherwise he'd never become a football manager. 

Sorry to say it but I fear both Phil and Wayne will cost us an arm and a leg to sack. 

Unless the new owners have plans to skirt FFP and have the willingness to blow what I guess is something in the vicinity of £5-10m just to pay off those two, I don't see how we can afford to sack anyone, let alone replace them. With Ranieri ?

A cunning alternative might be to put Cocu on gardening leave and project Wassall to first team affairs. So we wouldn't be paying anymore money out as this would be the existing status quo. Reason could be Mel has lost total confidence in the manager or something along those lines.

I can't really see any other alternative to get a replacement in.

47 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

A cunning alternative might be to put Cocu on gardening leave and project Wassall to first team affairs. So we wouldn't be paying anymore money out as this would be the existing status quo. Reason could be Mel has lost total confidence in the manager or something along those lines.

I can't really see any other alternative to get a replacement in.

Wassell would be good for us,even as an interim.

And it makes the most financial sense without a doubt.

It's funny isn't it tho that we have wassell as a director of football over our academy as such but we don't have that unifying overseeing presence on our first team.

And our academy players are all doing outstandingly well on their respective league's.

Something to think about.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's funny isn't it tho that we have wassell as a director of football over our academy as such but we don't have that unifying overseeing presence on our first team.

And our academy players are all doing outstandingly well on their respective league's.

It's the closest to a win win scenario that I can think of but am sure there's greater minds out there than mine ?

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Maybe make Wassall director of all football?

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Losing Martin and not replacing him, then letting your only recognised out and out forward go out on loan. Leaving you with nothing up front and not scoring goals. You reap what you sow. 

If you read my post I'm not saying mistakes haven't been made, just there has been several what if moments. Not replacing Martin is a blow but I suspect that might be more down to finances then anything.

Letting Mariott go hasn't and won't make a jot of difference. Even if he was still here I'd start above 5 players ahead of him.

Archived