How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

Didn't play particularly bad tonight but certainly didn't play well enough either.

Not sure what it is but something is just not working and the football is too slow and boring. Whenever we had a chance to counter attack in good numbers we slow the play down and the opposition have time to get behind the ball. It has been this way since Cocu took charge.

Very few shots on target every game aswell, i'm struggling to see the light at end of tunnel to be honest. 

Currently thinking if things don't improve by christmas when we should have all our best players up to speed, surely he will have to go?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Currently thinking if things don't improve by christmas when we should have all our best players up to speed, surely he will have to go?

I think so too. Although it's pretty turgid stuff atm. We only picked up when we were a goal down. For me I lose more confidence in Cocu each game like today. Others see something different though.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I think so too. Although it's pretty turgid stuff atm. We only picked up when we were a goal down. For me I lose more confidence in Cocu each game like today. Others see something different though.

At the moment we remind me of teams in the relegation zone that we played in our better days....they weren't all that bad,many were quite tidy,but none of them ever looked like they would score goals against us or anyone else.

We need to wake up quickly to what is developing here and it's not good.

14 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Didn't play particularly bad tonight but certainly didn't play well enough either.

Not sure what it is but something is just not working and the football is too slow and boring. Whenever we had a chance to counter attack in good numbers we slow the play down and the opposition have time to get behind the ball. It has been this way since Cocu took charge.

Very few shots on target every game aswell, i'm struggling to see the light at end of tunnel to be honest. 

Christmas for me is the minimum

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

At the moment we remind me of teams in the relegation zone that we played in our better days....they weren't all that bad, many were quite tidy, but none of them ever looked like they would score goals against us or anyone else.

This is so true. Or newly promoted teams. All playing 'so nearly'. 

I thought that was a good performance, I thought we were the better team, but we clearly lacked anything up front.

The fact we have only scored 1 goal from open play in 7 competitive games, as well as 3 or 4 friendlies should have everyone worried, a goal scoring striker should have been an absolute priority.

People calling Cocu for our transfer activity clearly have no idea how things work at our club, our recruitment team are an absolute shambles and have severely let Cocu down this season.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I dont think they do. I think people just fed up of constant managerial changes, realise he's had lots to deal with and happy with how the youngsters are starting to come through so Phil given chance. The striker position is worrying, unless they have seen duncan like a young michael owen in training, but that may not be Phil's fault 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I thought that was a good performance, I thought we were the better team, but we clearly lacked anything up front.

The fact we have only scored 1 goal from open play in 7 competitive games, as well as 3 or 4 friendlies should have everyone worried, a goal scoring striker should have been an absolute priority.

People calling Cocu for our transfer activity clearly have no idea how things work at our club, our recruitment team are an absolute shambles and have severely let Cocu down this season.

I think the problem is deeper than just needing a goalscoring striker. Even a top striker would struggle in our team. look at tonights game, numerous crosses into the box and the only one there is rooney. Our strikers get no support it was exactly the same when marriott played. 

disagree with you on the recruitment side. think its actually been fairly decent this summer. On paper we have very good players

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I dont think they do. I think people just fed up of constant managerial changes, realise he's had lots to deal with and happy with how the youngsters are starting to come through so Phil given chance. The striker position is worrying, unless they have seen duncan like a young michael owen in training, but that may not be Phil's fault 

Isn't that the issue though? We seem to be regressing very rapidly towards a Nigel Clough scenario again when he never was going to leave but never really was going to push any boundaries and we got used a boring steady brand of football and players. 

Just now, Topram said:

Let him get a good run of games with Beliek Ibe Jozwaik Waghorn Lawrence back in 

Wow.
With all of them back in there will be no room for bird, knight, sibley, and Rooney.

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Let him get a good run of games with Beliek Ibe Jozwaik Waghorn Lawrence back in 

Indeed, patience needed. If it is still painful to watch and the results poor then maybe need to think again at Christmas. But let’s see how the team does when we are at full strength.

Archived