Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

Sacking Cocu would be madness. He hasn’t had long enough this season and has been working with a stretched squad for the games so far.  Aside from the striker, he has been well supported in the transfer window, especially given the situation we’re in. 

Let’s not forget we still have Waghorn, Marriott, Duncan, Rooney and JHI. Ease that trigger finger Mel, plenty of success to come under Cocu yet.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I'm pro cocu and pro mel , but if this is true ill start to lose a bit of faith in mel going forward . What's the point in giving a manager 4 years to implement a plan and give up after a year of it ? Especially after letting him bring in players this summer.

Paying Cocu etc off would be an ouch.

I could see falling out over transfers.

I would guess he didn't want to have Lowe and Bogle sold and who knows if the club aren't trying to get Sibley flogged as well instead of Leeds trying to upset us just to be bamfords. Perhaps the lack of a striker, but what money there is is going to be thrown at another winger.

Would he be player manager, or hang up his boots?

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This is one way for The Sun to scupper our deadlime day plans and put doubt into players heads

I'd believe that of the Mail but, as much as I dislike the Sun and all things Murdoch, I don't think they have the same sort of agenda against us, do they?

I can imagine them wanting Rooney in the news a little more though.

42 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Really hope it’s not true......however the Gregory link is too random to dismiss out of hand.

As far as I’m aware neither Mel nor Rooney have any links to Gregory. So where the hell did they come up name?????

Last I heard Gregory was in India. I can’t see the connection which concerns me!

John Gregory was sacked from his job in India last year and is out of work. The sun probably wouldn’t bother to print a story about him on his own but linked to Rooney, Derby and sacking Cocu It is a story. And who benefits? John Gregory. Who never fought shy of playing the media game.

And if you read the story it makes no mention of sacking, transfers or falling out with Wazza or Mel - until they start quoting ‘sources’ from these pages tomorrow - it is just one of those ‘owner dissatisfied with results, you have one game to save your job’ stories.

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

John Gregory was sacked from his job in India last year and is out of work. The sun probably wouldn’t bother to print a story about him on his own but linked to Rooney, Derby and sacking Cocu It is a story. And who benefits? John Gregory. Who never fought shy of playing the media game.

And if you read the story it makes no mention of sacking, transfers or falling out with Wazza or Mel - until they start quoting ‘sources’ from these pages tomorrow - it is just one of those ‘owner dissatisfied with results, you have one game to save your job’ stories.

Maybe, but Gregory been out the country for so long and no longer has a relevance to the English game. I can’t see a national paper gunning to give him some free publicity....he’s no one to them.

It also comes a day after Leeds mentioned Sibley through the press. 

All very strange!

I am just hoping this is Martyn Waghorn playing another one of his classic practical jokes.

Because if it’s not, I fear for us.

Some might point to Lampard and say that didn’t work out too badly. 90 minutes from promotion and all of that.

But does Mel really believe lightning will strike twice?

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

2+2=....

Cocu wants to build a team round academy graduates.

Mel doesn't want to fund the club anymore.

Disagreement on selling Sibley?

Who knows. There’s also the Wilson rumour you could throw into the mix as well.

Go back two weeks and if you remember we we’re discussing Cocu potentially having a back me or sack me moment with the players. We assumed that he won so to speak, but could the Norwich performance have been a reaction to something else? 

All pure guesswork and I desperately hope it’s all false info!

Archived