Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Shang said:

Could this have been a false rumour generated from inside the club to find out who's leaking info out? We used to be quite watertight when it came to new players but over the last few months there's been quite a few early reveals. The club can't be happy with it.

Give everyone a different name for assistant manager and see which one pops up. 

Sounds possible. Not sure on the timing other than maybe if the leak is a player we have 2 days to get rid?

Not too dissimilar to how the whole female Vardy/Rooney saga started!

8 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

I'm pro cocu and pro mel , but if this is true ill start to lose a bit of faith in mel going forward . What's the point in giving a manager 4 years to implement a plan and give up after a year of it ? Especially after letting him bring in players this summer.

sadly Mel has previous in getting rid of managers at the first opportunity. This is why we are in the mess we are in at the moment.

If this is true Cocu didn't stand a chance.  Players from the previous 6/7 managers and try to make the team fit. Finally get a few of your own in and get sacked. The new manager will then have to work with what he has in the hope he can start to build his own team in future, if he doesn't get sacked before that happens. 

All of the prospective decent managers would start to see this job as a poisoned chalice.

30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

No idea if this has any truth in it. Yet Mel's track record suggests that he won't be happy with the football played under Cocu. 

Relegation would be a disaster for a club with our cost base. It could threaten the very existence of our club. Clubs in the bottom 3 at Christmas are likely to get relegated. 

For these reasons, I don't believe that Cocu's position is secure. I would be amazed if Mel wasn't considering alternatives. I'd expect the win at Norwich bought Cocu some time, but we don't know what the 'feeling' of the players is. Mel, from what I've heard, takes the views of the players very seriously when making decisions on managers' futures.

I don't like the idea of Rooney as manager, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe this is where Mel is getting it wrong. A manager should be allowed to do just that unless he is really not up to it. But over the last 7 years It would suggest that none of the managers have been able to do that. Too much meddling perhaps.

I personally think the whole thing is rubbish. If I am wrong the Mel's time might just be up as an owner in my eyes.

45 minutes ago, Shang said:

Could this have been a false rumour generated from inside the club to find out who's leaking info out? We used to be quite watertight when it came to new players but over the last few months there's been quite a few early reveals. The club can't be happy with it.

This would be quality. Imagine how embarrassed the leak would be, believing John Gregory was coming back!

At the start & all last season i was firmly cocu. I wanted to give him time but the recent results & tactics have been so poor i have wanted him out. Some of that is frustration & if im honest I want nothing more for it to work for cocu. 

Im annoyed at our style of play & some of the tinkering is bizarre but there is also a big part of me that would be gutted to see him get the sack so early in the season

Even if Rooney was to take over why would he bring in Gregory ?‍♂️ surely he'd brink in an old trusted United coach as assistant or like some have said even big mac as assistant. 

Whilst im annoyed at cocu's style i want nothing more than it to work & for us to show more tempo & attacking intent. I think for the club he's done a lot of good getting youth in the side & shifting dead wood but on the pitch recently has been poor 

50 minutes ago, Shang said:

Perhaps they employed Coleen on a consultancy basis to help execute this false rumour effectively?

Archived