Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Nothing has been reported.

I am just struggling to get my head around how we can afford this move.

Austin is reported to be on anywhere from £50-70,000.

Unless we are paying 25% or less of his wages, how is it viable and why would WBA accept that?

Because there aren’t very many ways of getting 15 grand a week for what is effectively zero risk. ? .. I know it sounds daft but we are in this Covid world .. you have an asset that is declining in value, you can’t sell it, but someone will give you 750 grand to borrow it for a year. 

I’d think that prices of domestic transfer will rise when the international window closes. Teams might be more desperate to fill a spot that they haven’t been able to and there will be a premium on players that are still available.

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Think it’s a joke that it shuts tomorrow but the domestic one stays open, for premier league teams that miss out on targets tomorrow they will just raid the better championship players, think they should close together 

Swings and roundabouts I guess. There may also be good loans available from the Prem teams that haven’t shifted them elsewhere and if they are raiding Champ teams they will have to pay a premium.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Think it’s a joke that it shuts tomorrow but the domestic one stays open, for premier league teams that miss out on targets tomorrow they will just raid the better championship players, think they should close together 

Or to dump their cast offs somewhere 

51 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Swings and roundabouts I guess. There may also be good loans available from the Prem teams that haven’t shifted them elsewhere and if they are raiding Champ teams they will have to pay a premium.

That’s why the loan window was good for everyone

1 hour ago, Topram said:

The idea was to help stimulate the domestic market, if prem clubs can only buy from championship the prices will be vastly inflated therefore helping the league. This should in theory knock on to league 1 and 2.

Not sure its a great idea but it is an idea at least

Archived