Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-3-3 or 5-3-2 or even 5-4-1???

Bringing Davies back is a bit random, but for all the pelters he gets he’s the best out and out defender at the club when in form.

Rooney up top doesn’t bother me too much as Marriott has been invisible and if we have to play him then he isn’t disrupting the midfield.

Evans in CDM isn’t good, hope he’s in a back there if we’re playing one.

Othan than that shame bird has dropped out and where’s Sibbo? This kind of smacks of a more desperate selection than one where we are actively formulating a plan to take them on and get 3 points. Really hope I’m wrong!

Just now, Richard246 said:

Not sure what to make of the line up.

Is Austin coming in or a rumour my West Brom said he is but I thought he was winding me up.

Rob Dorsett from SSN posted on Twitter about an hour ago saying we’re looking at him on a short term deal

I actually rate that team, if we go more attacking we will get battered. Solidity at the back is important for a team lacking confidence if we can keep it 0 0 for at least half an hour our confidence will go up and they might start forcing things. We are going to rely on Jozwiak and Byrne alot for our attacking outlet today though. Also happy to see Davies playing we won't be as shocking with him organising the back line, hopefully anyway.  Edit- forgot about Holmes he should be key with his pace and energy. 

I’m looking forward to how quiet the forum will be when we get 3 points and Davies takes Pukki out of his pocket! ?

Seriously though. It’s far from our strongest line up, we all know that, but these are the players available at the moment. Either through fitness or form.

No one has shone at CB so far, so Curtis deserves a go to see if his experience can make a positive impact.

Everyone was complaining about midfield last weekend, so it’s all change there. We need to test out all options. Shin is will add energy and Holmes is a good ball carrier in the middle of the park.

I hope Rooney shows up today. I think I’d rather try out JHI up top, but let’s see what happens. After this we have an international break and the end of the main transfer window to regroup and get everything in place.

COYR

Typical. Buendia back today, massive for them. Heard a stat on radio Derby last night  that without him, Norwich have won 1 match in 2 years!!

As for Derby, gone very defensive. Not sure about Evans and Shinnie and with Davies back in we’re not going to be playing out from the back surely! It is a team picked for a scrap and it is those qualities we have been lacking recently.

Dont mind rest of it, I think Rooney is more than capable of being a No 9, the problem is getting players around him, been the same issue with Marriott. Big game for Duane, he’s been off it for a while (partly due to injury), need him at his best. Bird and Sibley both needed dropping, need time out the team.

Wisdom must be injured or not right somehow to not be selected in the squad.

I don't like it when a manager starts to mess with the team too much hoping to find a winning combo. 

I thought the CB fight was Clarke and whoever wins out of Wisdom and MTW.

I thought our 1st and 2nd choice DM was Bird and Rooney and now none of them are in there

It looks a bit desperate. I don't think it's a bad team. Well, not much worse than our best team available. 

Remember Mac and Clough doing it during bad spells and it never really turned things around. 

Bit worried but come on Derby ffs, cheer us up

5 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

In terms of a pre match team selection is this the most depressing team we have put out since Paul Jewell?

FTFY

I am wondering if my 5-0 loss prediction is a tad optimistic. Norwich are a team with lots of pace so Curtis might struggle. I haven’t seen George Evans have a decent game in midfield and Wayne up top? All a bit worrying...

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Good call to take some of the young lads out if the firing line I think. Get some older heads on the pitch and see if they can grind a result out and bring the youth back fresh after the international break. 

Totally agree

First game for me this season.
What with holidays, then being busy, I am yet to see a ball kicked, and yet to take advantage of my Free RamsTV.  The latter will continue today, as I have SkySports via NowTV.

Having now seen the starting line up, I can't say I'm particularly up for it, if I'm honest.  The Sky intro hasn't helped, with all the doom and gloom Rams stats.  "Worse start since..." etc, etc.

But... and it's a big but... It might well prove to be one of those games!  I'm a great believer in "being there" just in case things go well.  I'll cling on to that mantra for now.

Fingers crossed - Check
Sunglasses on - Check
Hope slowly eating away at my heart - Check.

COME ON Derby...

Marshall

Davies       Evans       Clarke

Byrne        Shinnie         Knight       Buchanan

Holmes       Rooney       Jozwiak

No Lawrence, Ibe, Waghorn, Bielik or Sibley. A team without parachute payments is going to struggle with 5 key players out. It's not like we can stock that level of quality in reserve. It's just been a horrible start to the season with regards to injuries, lack of fitness.. rough! 

Holmes and Rooney have only just come back in and won't be match fit. 

Archived