Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I bet you weren’t happy with the colour of the envelope either.

Come on. OK it’s not the most modern or convenient way for folk to receive their refunds but “utter distain” (I assume you mean disdain) is a tad over the top.

It’s hardly unique either. In the last three months I have received refunds/payouts in the form of cheques for car tax (£2.50 !), holiday insurance and car service plan. 

I almost feel as if some folk are just desperate to find something to slag the club off about. It wasn’t the best method from our perspective but probably the easiest for them and hardly worth getting that upset about.

To be honest, the fact that it's been sent as a cheque pales in significance to the fact that it's taken 9 bloody months to get the refund (and counting - I haven't received my cheque yet), without any accurate communication.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santander appears to have some ability to deposit cheques into the mobile app , It looks like you have to scan it once then and write on it "For Mobile Deposit Only"  and scan again ?

I am loath to as if this does not work I am going to have to do some persuasion when I try and deposit over counter

Anyone had any experience of using it

Actually scratch the above checked the app and there is no facility to deposit cheques in via it as far as I can see looks like USA only can do it

10 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

You can pay cheques in by posting the cheque with a payment slip, to your bank,how difficult is that?
this thread is just an excuse to rubbish Mel and the club.......

Pathetic 

Easy

...but it costs you money to post it, and risks it being lost in the post (which quite a few things have been recently) unless you pay more for recorded delivery. Negligible if you're set to receive a decent sum, but sort of annoying when you're only trying to get your £16 back & end up short of even that.

8 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Easy

...but it costs you money to post it, and risks it being lost in the post (which quite a few things have been recently) unless you pay more for recorded delivery. Negligible if you're set to receive a decent sum, but sort of annoying when you're only trying to get your £16 back & end up short of even that.

Do you know what the £16 is for? It's such a random amount, we can't work it out!

19 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Santander appears to have some ability to deposit cheques into the mobile app , It looks like you have to scan it once then and write on it "For Mobile Deposit Only"  and scan again ?

I am loath to as if this does not work I am going to have to do some persuasion when I try and deposit over counter

Anyone had any experience of using it

Actually scratch the above checked the app and there is no facility to deposit cheques in via it as far as I can see looks like USA only can do it

Most banks allow you to do it via mobile. On the one occasion I did it, all I had to do was scan the front and back (no additional writing required)

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think find you wont be able scan this one I think find you will have to go in.

15 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

A cheque?  ?

A cheque that won't scan?  ??

An actual visit to your "local"* branch?  ???

During a pandemic?  ????

For 16 measly quid?  ?????

*Nearest.  Not "local"... I meant "nearest"!  ?????? 

Well it did scan today, think yesterday I was so excited I could hold the phone steady enough.

Apparently BACS is quite difficult to administer requiring card  type/account numbers, issues over personal data etc, so for bulk stuff cheques are best.

And for the two of us it was over £100.

15 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Like if the original transaction was done using a debit or credit card or even BACS transfer why would the club not then refund the money back to the same card or account. 

Just seems a way of the club saving themselves admin time which reflects poorly.

There's folk who aren't that techno savvy that they know how to use an app to scan and pay a cheque in using their mobile phone so inevitably means a trip and queue at whatever bank they can find near to them which hasn't been closed down yet

14 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Shabby from the club. Treating its customers with utter distain. 

But mels one of our own.  Blah blah blah.  

I'm sure there is a time limit of when you can send refunds back to the same card. BACS transfers would need everyone's account details and would be a nightmare to process, especially given that some staff will still be on furlough and needing to do a few thousand refunds. Cheque is the most plausible, convenient and efficient way for the club to do refunds (yes I know it has taken them a while to process them). 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most banks allow you to do it via mobile. On the one occasion I did it, all I had to do was scan the front and back (no additional writing required)

It may not be much easier or much consolation but, if you've got a paying in slip, with NatWest you can pay in at the post office. That's how how I paid in the massive (£2.50) road tax refund cheque I received when we sold a car recently. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

At least most banks have a machine inside the bank you can pay your cheques in at. You haven't got to get in a queue and speak to a teller.

Assuming the queues for both are of a similar length (which they often are, from my admittedly limited experience), I think I'd rather speak to a human... behind a glass screen, and at least a desktop-depth away... than have to start probing around keypads and deposit slots etc, given the current circumstances.

I've been donning gloves at the fuel pumps, have used a cash machine twice since March (out of desperation), and where accepted, used apple pay at tills (to avoid the number crunching).

... And I am far from being in any vulnerable group!

Let's not forget, the world is still being asked to stay at home! 

Hey... I don't even know why I'm getting involved... I ain't even got a refund due... as I took the 2021 discount and subsequent credit towards 21/22!

Bloody busy-body!  I'm outta here!   ?

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It may not be much easier or much consolation but, if you've got a paying in slip, with NatWest you can pay in at the post office. That's how how I paid in the massive (£2.50) road tax refund cheque I received when we sold a car recently. 

Same for HSBC/firstdirect (at least at the Mickleover Post Office - though I'm not sure if that's a special arrangement since they closed the local HSBC branch.....).

I've just 'deposited' my cheques via the Starling app - hopefully won't take too long before they accept them....

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just got an email saying I should be receiving a cheque for one ticket, worth £29. Turns out they sent the second £29 to the person whose FanID I used, even though it came out of my account.

Sigh.

I assume same here for 2 Millwall away tickets I bought, as I've received an email saying I'm being refunded the price of 1 ticket. Bizarre system to refund someone who hasn't actually paid them for the ticket.

Archived