Forsyth

YorkshireRam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Plenty of games. He was in the running for many people’s player of the year around Christmas time, and that was when he was playing out of position at RB. Statistically he was the outstanding defensive fullback in the division. Sheffield United thought enough of him to buy him to play in the Premier League. Swear some of our fans just never took to him when he originally came into the team (when he wasn’t that great) and just won’t accept how much he Improved after his loan at Aberdeen. He was miles above Forsyth last season. Miles.

Don't remember Lowe standing out up to Christmas in any game and when he came into the team as a youngster he was part of a defence that went 7 or 8 without conceding,  That was his best form in a Derby shirt and was a long time before his Aberdeen loan.  Then he spent best part of a year permanently injured with a variety of issues.

He's a better option than Forsyth probably,  but we were clearly not looking to extend his contract and were happy to use him as a makeweight in getting a lower pay out to Swindon by reducing Bogle's fee. He was never valued at 4.5 million if were honest. 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't remember Lowe standing out up to Christmas in any game and when he came into the team as a youngster he was part of a defence that went 7 or 8 without conceding,  That was his best form in a Derby shirt and was a long time before his Aberdeen loan.  Then he spent best part of a year permanently injured with a variety of issues.

He's a better option than Forsyth probably,  but we were clearly not looking to extend his contract and were happy to use him as a makeweight in getting a lower pay out to Swindon by reducing Bogle's fee. He was never valued at 4.5 million if were honest. 

I can remember plenty of games where he looked the only decent player on the pitch. If we got rid of him as a “makeweight” and he didn’t actually want to go then we’re absolute fools imo. He was one of the best fullbacks in the division, and was worth at least 4.5mil imo.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I can remember plenty of games where he looked the only decent player on the pitch. If we got rid of him as a “makeweight” and he didn’t actually want to go then we’re absolute fools imo. He was one of the best fullbacks in the division, and was worth at least 4.5mil imo.

Are you his love child ?

Folk on here seem to have very short memories. Fozzy has been written off by this forum time and time again and every time he bounces back. He'll need a run of games, just as he always has to get sharp and when he does, there'll be a queue a mile long on here of folk saying what a soldier he is, how he's still our best LB, amazing how he's recovered from 3 major injuries, blah, blah, blah. As it is, we have yet anther thread targeting an individual player who apparently after 2 league games need never grace Pride Park again. 

There's a good few of you lot who were none too happy with the previous FBs and quite happy to see them gone. Now some of you are singing an entirely different song. Some were championing Fozzy over Lowe and Malone and yet here we are! Same shizzle, different day.

I'd say how about we give the team and Cocu for that matter, a few games to find their stride before we start writing them all off as done,  past it, not good enough, but what would be the point?  Honestly, if football made me feel as miserable as it does some on here, I'd never watch another duckin game ?‍♀️

COYR

3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Now I usually hate the ''x should never play for Derby again'' comments...

however

Forsyth is woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI (barring a shocking upturn in form). At fault for both goals today and countless defensive errors last season, constantly a yard off the pace and lacks any attacking threat. Byrne's tireless running today, in stark contrast, shows just how far Fozzy is off the pace at the minute. 

With a solid LB, we get at least a point out of today and that really stings. I'd honestly rather Buchanan start the remaining games, fully accepting that he'll make errors and be generally rash- that's so much more preferable based on what Forsyth is offering. Never even seen Shinnie play there but even he gets the nod over Foz...

I like the bloke and i'm sure he's a good character to have in a squad but he's an absolute liability on the field right now and it's simply not good enough

He wasn’t at fault for the second that was Clarke’s moment of madness and it was between Clarke and Marshall for the first.

That said he’s struggling and isn’t the player he was, that said I’m amazed he’s still playing at this level given the injuries he’s had. 

The other option is Buchanan who has potential, Shinnie used to play there for Aberdeen but we’ve never used him at LB so doubt we will start to now!

Looks like it’s Fozzy and Buchanan unless we bring a loan in!

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Folk on here seem to have very short memories. Fozzy has been written off by this forum time and time again and every time he bounces back. He'll need a run of games, just as he always has to get sharp and when he does, there'll be a queue a mile long on here of folk saying what a soldier he is, how he's still our best LB, amazing how he's recovered from 3 major injuries, blah, blah, blah. As it is, we have yet anther thread targeting an individual player who apparently after 2 league games need never grace Pride Park again. 

There's a good few of you lot who were none too happy with the previous FBs and quite happy to see them gone. Now some of you are singing an entirely different song. Some were championing Fozzy over Lowe and Malone and yet here we are! Same shizzle, different day.

I'd say how about we give the team and Cocu for that matter, a few games to find their stride before we start writing them all off as done,  past it, not good enough, but what would be the point?  Honestly, if football made me feel as miserable as it does some on here, I'd never watch another duckin game ?‍♀️

COYR

Hey that’s my line!

14 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s a bit harsh to blame him for the result today to be fair. I criticised him early on when he was getting roasted by Cornick, but he improved a bit as the game went on. He still wasn’t great defensively, but he was decent on the ball, and neither goal was his fault (at least not solely). Was just about a decent enough showing from him overall imo.

I do agree with the general point though. Much as Forsyth is rightly regarded as one of Derby’s best fullbacks this century, he’s not the player he once was. Still a good player to have for competition for places, but he’s not good enough as a starter anymore. He’s too slow and makes too many mistakes. This is why I was worried about Lowe leaving, Forsyth is a massive step down. Anyone who couldn’t see that Lowe was a level above Forsyth last season is blind imo. If we want to get promotion, we’re either going to have to sign a new LB, or hope Buchanan turns out to be good enough there.

I had Lowe down as my starting LB, however Forsyth had more success in our team last season. Whenever we went on a run of winning games it was with Forsyth at left back. Lowe played in far too many losses - we lost 5 of our last 16 and Lowe played in 4 of them (he only had 5 appearances in the last 16). 

You can’t contribute losses down to one player, it’s far too simplistic. I just feel that even if Lowe was here today that it probably would’ve been Forsyth still starting. Albeit, he had a bad game. 

Poor communicate for second goal, Forsyth went with the man he was challenging across the defence. Clarke took up his usual center back position along side wisdom and no one shuffled across to cover left back, you end up with the entire defence within 8 yards of each other.

It's poor, Forsyth should either pass man off or Clarke come across to cover

The whole defence was a mess for that 2nd goal, which came from being completely disorganised at the restart.

I think we were confused as to how the game would be restarting, whereas Luton just punted it long for their big forward Collins to challenge for, ultimately leading to Luton winning the ball in our final 3rd against a disorganised defence.

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The whole defence was a mess for that 2nd goal, which came from being completely disorganised at the restart.

I think we were confused as to how the game would be restarting, whereas Luton just punted it long for their big forward Collins to challenge for, ultimately leading to Luton winning the ball in our final 3rd against a disorganised defence.

If you look at the goal front on, you'll see Sibley has a great view of the man free at the back post.

He's too far away to make a difference himself, but maybe a more experienced midfielder would be screaming a warning at his defence?

Then again, maybe he was and it still made no difference.

37 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yep, there was good closing down and blocks prior to the cross too, but the ball just kept falling to them, the 11 men playing against 10..

As yesterday, not BLAMING the officials for defeat  (just their own incompetence, we may still have gone on to let in another cross later on!) but bloody hell, if they let us make the sub (as they should have) and the game pauses for a few seconds the whole situation doesn't occur at that time, that's a fact.

17 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Please close this thread, it’s embarrassing. As is most of this forum at present. If you want instant success and perfect football, go support Man City.

It’s embarrassing because you disagree? Joker. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I posted this yesterday the commentary team were also unsure as to How the restart Was to take place.  Quick thinking by their defender and we were all at sea and the inevitable happened 

Archived