Forsyth

YorkshireRam

Now I usually hate the ''x should never play for Derby again'' comments...

however

Forsyth is woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI (barring a shocking upturn in form). At fault for both goals today and countless defensive errors last season, constantly a yard off the pace and lacks any attacking threat. Byrne's tireless running today, in stark contrast, shows just how far Fozzy is off the pace at the minute. 

With a solid LB, we get at least a point out of today and that really stings. I'd honestly rather Buchanan start the remaining games, fully accepting that he'll make errors and be generally rash- that's so much more preferable based on what Forsyth is offering. Never even seen Shinnie play there but even he gets the nod over Foz...

I like the bloke and i'm sure he's a good character to have in a squad but he's an absolute liability on the field right now and it's simply not good enough

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did notice, if he's beaten by the opposition player, he never beats them to the ball in a chase and he pulls back meaning an inevitable cross is coming. 

Aha! Two games in and we’ve found our new scapegoat.

Forsyth had some dodgy moments. He’s not the player he once was. It’s a little strange that we extended his contract.

No-one tries harder. Some of the comments about him are cruel.

This is a human being who kicks a football for a living and yet some are hateful because they want football to make them happy.

Not levelling criticism at anyone in particular- just trying to bring some balance.

18 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Now I usually hate the ''x should never play for Derby again'' comments...

however

Forsyth is woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI (barring a shocking upturn in form). At fault for both goals today and countless defensive errors last season, constantly a yard off the pace and lacks any attacking threat. Byrne's tireless running today, in stark contrast, shows just how far Fozzy is off the pace at the minute. 

With a solid LB, we get at least a point out of today and that really stings. I'd honestly rather Buchanan start the remaining games, fully accepting that he'll make errors and be generally rash- that's so much more preferable based on what Forsyth is offering. Never even seen Shinnie play there but even he gets the nod over Foz...

I like the bloke and i'm sure he's a good character to have in a squad but he's an absolute liability on the field right now and it's simply not good enough

Simply not true. At least we know who this season's scapegoat is now,

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Forsyth had some dodgy moments. He’s not the player he once was. It’s a little strange that we extended his contract.

This is a human being who kicks a football for a living and yet some are hateful because they want football to make them happy.

Not levelling criticism at anyone in particular- just trying to bring some balance.

New scapegoat, hes been woeful  for months....he was useless when tried at centre back last season and our slowest left back.  His injuries have caught up with him.  It is the equivalent of trying to persevere with Thorne now.

A bit of a stretch to blame him for either goal. The second one was a result of Clarke being out of position (too far wide), with Fozzy filling the gap. Clarke should have stayed in the LB position into it was safe to swap back over. Instead, Clarke drifted back towards the CB position leaving his man free at the back post. It didn’t help that we were a man down which meant no winger tracking back. 

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I agree he had a bad game today, but I wouldn't call him at fault for both goals. I don't think that's fair.

Agreed.

The other goal come from the other side for starters, then Marshall came out and was in no mans land.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Agreed.

The other goal come from the other side for starters, then Marshall came out and was in no mans land.

And even at that I’m more inclined to say that it was just a wicked delivery into no-man’s land and any fault should be attributed to Byrne (who I’ve already seen described as an improvement on Bogle).

45 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Rewriting history after a bad result is it? What else is new?

What did he do wrong last season and could you please point out when you mentioned this at the time? It's quite important if you don't want to look like a complete weathervane

I've not rated him since 14/15 and you can check my posts because whenever i've posted about LB in the past 12/18 months, i've advocated Lowe starting there...

Forsyth doesn't have the pace to effectively play fullback anymore. Notice how as soon as Cornick got round him the first time, our left hand side became the focal point for all of Luton's attacks because they instantly recognised what a weak link it is. Fozzy's lack of pace stops him getting close enough to his man, this means he doesn't stop crosses coming in and wingers have a field day bypassing him- I imagine that'll be the easiest duel Cornick will face this season. 

So no, this isn't a reactive, flippant comment based on frustration at an individual game. This is an accumulation of dismay at Forsyth's performances bubbling over to me being openly critical, something I don't like doing. Shinnie is my choice v Blackburn. 

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Hence why i've held my tongue, I have sympathy for the individuals that have to face social media vitriol and hate adding to it. Fozzy will always give you 100% and seems a genuinely nice bloke, a model professional in many respects. 

When discussing football though, he really frustrates me. You can just tell wingers love coming against him because he doesn't have the mobility to get close. Luton started actively targeting our left hand side, often doubling up Cornick and Mpanzu because they realised just how weak it is. 

I'm hoping the links to Baba are true because a loan for him would be quite astute. Good age, ability and fills a position where we've got 1 player past it and another not yet ready.

Archived