Forsyth

YorkshireRam

Tbf to Fozzie, he is often the only defender to put in a forward pass. I thought he played some nicely weighted passes down the line. Fired some good passes into the feet of forward players, only for their heavy touches to let them down. Caught upfield on a few occasions. Second goal was poor defensively all round. I think he was trying to cover Clarke

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow , Some Derby fans lord it saying we are amongst the best fans in the country , some on here then go against the grain , yes we have not had the best start but already abuse and negative comments have been aimed at Shinnie , Whittaker , Marriott, Te Wierik and now Fozzy , never mind the absurd comments against our manager , wake up and realise we are a sleeping giant and its going to take a lot more work to get us in a position where we are challenging again

Listen to the manager , he is as downcast as many fans are , he said look at the table after 10 -12 games this is fair , i beleive we should give him the whole season before judging him , i dont think theres a manager around who would do his job any better at the moment

57 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Tbf to Fozzie, he is often the only defender to put in a forward pass. I thought he played some nicely weighted passes down the line. Fired some good passes into the feet of forward players, only for their heavy touches to let them down. Caught upfield on a few occasions. Second goal was poor defensively all round. I think he was trying to cover Clarke

This

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

Byrne?

48 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Wow , Some Derby fans lord it saying we are amongst the best fans in the country , some on here then go against the grain , yes we have not had the best start but already abuse and negative comments have been aimed at Shinnie , Whittaker , Marriott, Te Wierik and now Fozzy , never mind the absurd comments against our manager , wake up and realise we are a sleeping giant and its going to take a lot more work to get us in a position where we are challenging again

Listen to the manager , he is as downcast as many fans are , he said look at the table after 10 -12 games this is fair , i beleive we should give him the whole season before judging him , i dont think theres a manager around who would do his job any better at the moment

Not got a bad word to say about any of their performances since the restart, singled Shinnie out for praise v Preston actually. 

My frustration at Forsyth isn't limited to this season, it's been the last 2/3 and the signs were all there last season that he's a bit past it now, especially for the highly-mobile fullback position. He's not useless but his inability to properly mark a man is costing us game after game now. You could legitimately see Luton alter their play and focus on the right hand side because of how easy they were finding attacking down that flank v Fozzy.

As strongly worded as my initial post was, I like Craig and think he's been a fantastic servant over the years and showed tremendous character and resolve to continue fighting back from so many nasty injuries. I'd have him as backup LCB from now on though as I think age (and probably injury) has caught up and he can no longer perform at fullback as effectively as we need, that's all. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Byrne?

Not got a bad word to say about any of their performances since the restart, singled Shinnie out for praise v Preston actually. 

My frustration at Forsyth isn't limited to this season, it's been the last 2/3 and the signs were all there last season that he's a bit past it now, especially for the highly-mobile fullback position. He's not useless but his inability to properly mark a man is costing us game after game now. You could legitimately see Luton alter their play and focus on the right hand side because of how easy they were finding attacking down that flank v Fozzy.

As strongly worded as my initial post was, I like Craig and think he's been a fantastic servant over the years and showed tremendous character and resolve to continue fighting back from so many nasty injuries. I'd have him as backup LCB from now on though as I think age (and probably injury) has caught up and he can no longer perform at fullback as effectively as we need, that's all. 

But it hasn't. 

Luton Away - 1st goal Marshall with a hint of Byrne, 2nd goal Clarke

Reading Home - 1st goal MTW/Bird, 2nd goal MTW/Wisdom 

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The problem with fozzy yesterday was his was literally firing passes at people that they could barely control. We’d then lose the ball and they’d just simply put pace him and cross the ball in. He did it on multiple occasions. He’s been a liability recently

If you’re firing a pass from left-back, through a winger and a midfielder, you can’t exactly caress it. You have to zip it. Thorne would do exactly the same. 

As long as they’re on the floor they’re controllable. Trap it under your boot.

On 19/09/2020 at 18:10, YorkshireRam said:

Now I usually hate the ''x should never play for Derby again'' comments...

however

Forsyth is woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI (barring a shocking upturn in form). At fault for both goals today and countless defensive errors last season, constantly a yard off the pace and lacks any attacking threat. Byrne's tireless running today, in stark contrast, shows just how far Fozzy is off the pace at the minute. 

With a solid LB, we get at least a point out of today and that really stings. I'd honestly rather Buchanan start the remaining games, fully accepting that he'll make errors and be generally rash- that's so much more preferable based on what Forsyth is offering. Never even seen Shinnie play there but even he gets the nod over Foz...

I like the bloke and i'm sure he's a good character to have in a squad but he's an absolute liability on the field right now and it's simply not good enough

It's possible that his medical record (too many nasty injuries) has caught up with him. It can happen at any time and apparently sportsmen/ women don't always see it coming till it arrives. I've heard a couple of ex pro's being interviewed and talking about it, saying all of a sudden, their legs just wouldn't do it anymore. Obviously I'm only speculating and hope it's not the case for CF. 

34 minutes ago, cannable said:

ducking state of the full-backs today and people have the audacity to call out Fozzy

Signs of delusion if you really think that Forsyth, whose legs have gone, would have been able to keep up with Dolan's pace. He was useless against Cornick last week

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Signs of delusion if you really think that Forsyth, whose legs have gone, would have been able to keep up with Dolan's pace. He was useless against Cornick last week

Best left back at the club 

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

after letting Lowe and Malone he is currently our left back with experience

So he’s the best one.... why don’t we play our best one.... I think Cocu has reacted to the fans on this one 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don’t imagine that’s the case. Probably looked at the pace Blackburn have and decided Forsyth wouldn’t hack it. 

Maybe so, but I reckon he’s put up a lot more fight today than Buchanan

30 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I don’t care if he’s 18 or 19 or whatever, Buchanan will not have a career above the Conference. He can’t 

And this isn’t reactionary, I will even show you my WhatsApp group chats from last season if you like. 

And yet he’s getting nowhere near the hammering Fozzy did last week.

Just now, cannable said:

I don’t care if he’s 18 or 19 or whatever, Buchanan will not have a career above the Conference. He can’t 

And this isn’t reactionary, I will even show you my WhatsApp group chats from last season if you like. 

And yet he’s getting nowhere near the hammering Fozzy did last week.

He should be.

His first 45 minutes today was one of the worst I have ever seen from a Derby defender. 

Archived