Getting fans back into grounds.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I find it absolutely staggering that I still after all these months I don't know a single person that has had it, nevermind been seriously ill because of it. I completely understand why the government has to act responsibly, but I'd love it to be a freedom of choice. 

The amount it has impacted is really quite worrying! 

How can it be freedom of choice. That freedom of choice affects others . I do know people who've had it .  One died at 52.

Were not living in Ukraine a hundred years ago, Pol Pot hasn't sent us back to year zero and Hitler isn't on the rampage with his brown shirts.  The pubs closing a bit earlier and there will be a bit more mask wearing and only six in a house.  Nothings really changed but might in the future if people don't get realistic.

The irony regarding the economy, is that if people had cooled the jets and been a bit more sensible when the shackells were off in the summer,  christmas might still be much more viable and that contributes 20 billion to the economy alone.

I've been into the Intu Centre today, as well as in St.Peter's Street, and there are dozens of people either not wearing a mask, whatsoever, or its tucked under their chin!!

What hope is there when they cannot do the most basic of instructions for the safety of everyone. I despair.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think people should protest to force a u turn he rather good at that.

100% no. I’d much rather protect the vulnerable (including my 90 year old dad, my 87 year old mum, my daughter officially designated as vulnerable due to her medication and my wife - in recovery from cancer treatment) than go and watch a game of football right now.

Before anyone talks about the mental health impacts (which I totally get and worries me enormously) I can see both sides given both my wife and daughter suffer from depression and anxiety.

Protests would bring out those military covid enforcers Boris talked about in this climate ?

A solution needs to be found to keep clubs afloat though, or we could be looking at most league one and below clubs folding this season. 

That solution probably exists in the coffers of the premier league. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Protests would bring out those military covid enforcers Boris talked about in this climate ?

A solution needs to be found to keep clubs afloat though, or we could be looking at most league one and below clubs folding this season. 

That solution probably exists in the coffers of the premier league. 

It should be made law that each prem club has to buy a player from the championship for £50mill. Jozefzoon to man city should sort it.

22 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm going to save it, by comparing it to a moment of Rams recent history.

1st up, the virus should have been put into touch by the Chinese, much like Fozzy should have been stronger and put man and ball into touch against QPR.

When that didn't happen, the next man up shouldn't have tried to keep things going and risk things getting worse. Buxton/Boris, both were too slow to recognise the danger of carrying on as we were.

Now the ball is in the box, and only one man stands between seeing the danger off, and disaster. Both take their eye off the it at the critical time, allowing disaster to strike. Keogh slashes wildly at the ball, allowing the deadly foe to finish us off, Hancock slashes wildly with his pen and sends untested patients back into the care home system with similar predictable results.

The end result is the same, Covid/Zamora change everyone's life for the worse.

I gave you a like for that. 25% because it’s a good analogy. 75% because someone is acknowledging the fact that there were at least 2 other culprits at Wembley. 

19 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I find it absolutely staggering that I still after all these months I don't know a single person that has had it, nevermind been seriously ill because of it. I completely understand why the government has to act responsibly, but I'd love it to be a freedom of choice. 

The amount it has impacted is really quite worrying! 

Freedom of choice? If you were prepared to self isolate for 10 days after each game then that is freedom of choice. 

If not then it is potentially exposing other people to a serious illness for your freedom. 

On 22/09/2020 at 16:03, 1967RAMS said:

I didn’t say you were. All I said was hand your furlough money back in protest. The government have spent multi billions and can’t afford to do it again. Lots of billions in the right direction and lots wasted unfortunately. I told you months ago. The quicker you realise you are not going in a football ground anytime soon the better. We are very close to your job being closed again. This time with no furlough. You need to grow up, do you prefer a livelihood or watching Derby, you can’t have both. I am sure you will say “watching Derby”. The trouble is the other 27,000 would rather have a job and a way to support their families. Suck it up buttercup 

On 22/09/2020 at 18:07, 1967RAMS said:

I’ve tried offering support believe me. It’s not what seems to help at the moment I’m afraid . The more he builds his hopes up, the bigger the disappointment seems to get. We all know his entire world is Derby county. Nothing wrong with that. In the next month or two, thousands of people are  going to have massive problems with money and paying mortgages etc. The quicker he learns to be a little more understanding of the situation the better. 

If you're unable to say anything helpful, maybe it would be best if you said nothing at all. At very least if you feel the need to take the lad to task then maybe do so without the snarky stuff, eh? It serves no purpose.

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The next time we see the Rams live we'll be in the Prem.

We'll be promoted this year with scintillating attacking football and wont be there to see it.

Whilst that is unlikely it’s a nice thought but the thought of playing Leeds again in a year in the championship fills me full of humour that they got promoted and relegated without actually seeing it happen yet it’s a serious possibility 

38 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If you're unable to say anything helpful, maybe it would be best if you said nothing at all. At very least if you feel the need to take the lad to task then maybe do so without the snarky stuff, eh? It serves no purpose.

Telling someone the truth over the past 6 months is helpful if it’s not ignored. Building a vulnerable person up with false hope, only for it to come crashing down, is cruel and dangerous. Telling people what they want to hear is easy, telling the truth, somewhat harder. Doesn’t make it wrong though does it. 

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

Telling someone the truth over the past 6 months is helpful if it’s not ignored. Building a vulnerable person up with false hope, only for it to come crashing down, is cruel and dangerous. Telling people what they want to hear is easy, telling the truth, somewhat harder. Doesn’t make it wrong though does it. 

And talking about someone in the third person in front of them as you have been doing throughout this thread is really insulting.

"Does he take sugar?" - look it up.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst that is unlikely it’s a nice thought but the thought of playing Leeds again in a year in the championship fills me full of humour that they got promoted and relegated without actually seeing it happen yet it’s a serious possibility 

Oh my!  I hadn't even considered that!  Just the thought of that happening has really cheered me up!  I'd be happy to sacrifice my own 20/21 ST seat for a result like that!   ?

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

Using terms like 'suck it up buttercup' is hardly being helpful given the circumstances. In fact it's ignorant and mean-spirited. You can try and dress it up anyway you like but it there for all to see, hence people's reactions to your post. I somehow doubt you're even  fooling yourself. 

Archived