Getting fans back into grounds.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst that is unlikely it’s a nice thought but the thought of playing Leeds again in a year in the championship fills me full of humour that they got promoted and relegated without actually seeing it happen yet it’s a serious possibility 

Hahahahahaha, never thought about that.

Ive suddenly got an interest in the prem!

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I cried my self to sleep last night I hope borris is happy with himself total banker.

Sorry to hear that B4.  Life sometimes is unfair.

I do struggle to see the logic behind some of the rules that are in place and the Colchester United chairman probably sums things up best.  And I'm extremely clinically vulnerable and haven't renewed my season ticket because of that.

Try and stay strong and remember borris is not a banker.  He's a Grade 1 Class A Gibson ?

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Sorry to hear that B4.  Life sometimes is unfair.

I do struggle to see the logic behind some of the rules that are in place and the Colchester United chairman probably sums things up best.  And I'm extremely clinically vulnerable and haven't renewed my season ticket because of that.

Try and stay strong and remember borris is not a banker.  He's a Grade 1 Class A Gibson ?

He is worest that gibson that saying something I wish I could talk to him I tell how I feel about him and not hold back total utter banker with rest of the goverment.

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I cried my self to sleep last night I hope borris is happy with himself total banker.

Chin up lad. It won't be forever. There's a lot of folk struggling like you out there so we just have to stick together as best we can and hope the return to normality isn't too far away. Try not to let it get you down mate. Hopefully the lads will put on a proper show for you come Saturday to lift your spirits and get our season up and running. 

COYR

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Chin up lad. It won't be forever. There's a lot of folk struggling like you out there so we just have to stick together as best we can and hope the return to normality isn't too far away. Try not to let it get you down mate. Hopefully the lads will put on a proper show for you come Saturday to lift your spirits and get our season up and running. 

COYR

I wish I had a dart board I put a pitchure of his face on it and throw a load of darts at his face I hate him.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wish I had a dart board I put a pitchure of his face on it and throw a load of darts at his face I hate him.

Genius idea mate. PM me your name and address. I can't get Pride Park open for you buddy but I can have a dart board, some darts and a photo of Boris the Buffoon over to you in no time at all mate. Might get a set for myself too.

I do think it's worth remembering that super-spreading events rely on a huge congregation of people, all of whom will be indoors and sharing the same space at various points. 

We all want games back to normal. I want my club to survive. But I also want my family to survive even more. 

Unfortunately, we haven't done enough to make going back to the way it was safely. It's a terrible decision, but I'm not sure what else could be done.

23 hours ago, angieram said:

And talking about someone in the third person in front of them as you have been doing throughout this thread is really insulting.

"Does he take sugar?" - look it up.

Talking about someone in the third person throughout this thread? I have posted 5/6 times in this thread and half as a 1 to 1 conversation with an individual without mentioning any other poster. Talking in the third person? Look it up

8 hours ago, Duracell said:

I do think it's worth remembering that super-spreading events rely on a huge congregation of people, all of whom will be indoors and sharing the same space at various points. 

We all want games back to normal. I want my club to survive. But I also want my family to survive even more. 

Unfortunately, we haven't done enough to make going back to the way it was safely. It's a terrible decision, but I'm not sure what else could be done.

Bring fans back to stadiums and so people who work in.stadiums can start earning again they could done eating and drinking zones.

22 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Genius idea mate. PM me your name and address. I can't get Pride Park open for you buddy but I can have a dart board, some darts and a photo of Boris the Buffoon over to you in no time at all mate. Might get a set for myself too.

Are you actually being serious 

The link below is from the Norfolk Arena, Kings Lynn 12/09/2020, plenty of people there.

Norfolk Arena

Also I suspect a lot of long distance travelling for drivers, mechanics and fans to get a fairly remote location. At least with football most clubs they have computer data of fans details and if needed they can only issue tickets to fans within a certain distance of the ground. So cutting out a lot people criss-crossing the country. Not living in Derbyshire myself this won't help me but at least it's a start to get local fans back in.

Just to add to my previous post.  I realize that the Norfolk Arena is a fairly open air stadium. However I see no reason why clubs like Derby can not allow limited fans in via the service entrances at two corners of the stadium and get them to walk round the edge of the pitch to find there seats. That way avoiding a large amount of people congregating in communal areas under the stands, these areas should only be open to access toilets. Even if that means people are allocated 15 minute time period to arrive before kick off starting from 1 hour before kick off. At least now with mobiles and the big screen its not like the will be nothing to do.   

On 23/09/2020 at 23:54, B4ev6is said:

Sadly, I don't think that would do much to help the virus go away and whoever replaced him (regardless of the political party they represent), apart from David Icke maybe, would probably retain the same or very similar restrictions.

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sadly, I don't think that would do much to help the virus go away and whoever replaced him (regardless of the political party they represent), apart from David Icke maybe, would probably retain the same or very similar restrictions.

All this talk about keeping peoples jobs well heres a idea lets us the fans back into stadiums and then fans spend money.

Archived