Getting fans back into grounds.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

https://www.skysports.com/share/12072568

Not much but it’s a start. 

EFL clubs have been given the go-ahead to run pilot events this weekend with up to 1,000 spectators allowed to attend matches.

An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL remains in discussions with the government about the pilot programme which may include a limited number of further pilot matches during September with capacity limited to 1,000.

"The league is clear in its view that social distancing can be applied safely in football stadia and that having crowds at matches is an absolutely essential part of helping to protect club finances, which remain under extreme pressure. Therefore, the successful delivery of further pilots will be an important step towards getting larger number of fans into grounds safely.

40 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

EFL clubs have been given the go-ahead to run pilot events this weekend with up to 1,000 spectators allowed to attend matches.

An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL remains in discussions with the government about the pilot programme which may include a limited number of further pilot matches during September with capacity limited to 1,000.

"The league is clear in its view that social distancing can be applied safely in football stadia and that having crowds at matches is an absolutely essential part of helping to protect club finances, which remain under extreme pressure. Therefore, the successful delivery of further pilots will be an important step towards getting larger number of fans into grounds safely.

But don’t you dare meet with more than 6 people that you know. 

I watched highlights of the Sporting Kansas City game last night in which Johnny Russell scored the winner.

There were some fans in the stadium there - spaced very far apart but they were there none the less

If they can do it the States which is a covid car crash, then i'm sure we can manage something here

The premier league are starting to say that they also are wanting fans back.  Can anyone remember in the early part of last season they were in the press stating that they didn't need fans in stadiums as all the money comes from elsewhere?  I might have dreamt it but what a shot in the foot that was if my memory is right.  My (one and only) mate just told me that I don't have another 5 mates so I'll be okay to come along.  ? 

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

I watched highlights of the Sporting Kansas City game last night in which Johnny Russell scored the winner.

There were some fans in the stadium there - spaced very far apart but they were there none the less

If they can do it the States which is a covid car crash, then i'm sure we can manage something here

Isn’t the reason that The States is a covid car crash down to so many poor decisions being made over there, of which, this could be one?

*The above is posted merely to  stir up debate, and does not necessarily reflect the thoughts, opinions, or experiences of the poster. No football fans were harmed in producing this post

... well, not physically, at least!

6 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Maybe that's why it's a Covid car crash?

Archived