Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting how the deal is structured, especially if it is 2 years or if it's 2 with an option.

Could be we see this as a risk given how his last club was and how little he's done recently, could be that 2 years reflects his ambitions as a Premier League player so it's 2 parties that kind of need each other right now. Could be moot if there's that option in there.

1 minute ago, dazzadcfc said:

Whilst at happy at getting somebody with pace and skill in for the wings... Don't expect the same player yet, he hasn't played for a long time and is going to need time to get fit. Low cost signing but in my opinion could easily flop. Hope I'm wrong.

Low risk, extremely high reward. It's a very smart gamble.

1 minute ago, Terry Hennessy said:

DET this morning "It is being reported this morning by The Telegraph that Ibe could have a medical today and sign a two-year deal.". Sounds plausible. Derby do have a link to the Telegraph as I've stated before - so could well be some substance to this. It's a yes from me.

The DET are literally just regurgitating the above tweet.

Watching MotD last night and i thought about players that didn't play for extended spells but then hit the ground running once they did again... Danny Ings barely played for 3 seasons but is smashing it at Southampton now

Ibe made 24 appearances (3 goals) in 18/19 but only made 4 last season. This is only 1 season out really so he shouldn't be more than  a few weeks away from playing with match fitness being the only issue. He shouldn't really be that rusty when players are often out for longer with bad injuries?

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

Watching MotD last night and i thought about players that didn't play for extended spells but then hit the ground running once they did again... Danny Ings barely played for 3 seasons but is smashing it at Southampton now

Ibe made 24 appearances (3 goals) in 18/19 but only made 4 last season. This is only 1 season out really so he shouldn't be more than  a few weeks away from playing with match fitness being the only issue. He shouldn't really be that rusty when players are often out for longer with bad injuries?

All depends on how well he's looked after himself since his contract expired in June. If it's well, which it could be given the prominence of personal trainers and things for pro athletes, he will be physically fit, just make lack that match sharpness, which could only be a couple of weeks - but you also need to play to get that.

Archived