Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Not if you saw the Luton game. Forsyth not enough pace, Buchanan not enough experience, Shinnie, no idea. Just go and get Nathan Byrne's left footed friend.

How is Buchanan going to get experience if he doesn't play - the odd game here and there isn't going to help his development. Bring a quality LB in and it becomes another block. 

Marshall

Byrne   Te Weirik   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird   Rooney/Bielik

Ibe   Lawrence/Sibbo   Jozwiak

New Striker

that team is top 6, 100%, & I've even left out Knight, Holmes, Shinniesta etc.

Futures bright if we are actually gonna get Ibe, just need a striker and maybe a left back.

COYR.

2 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Marshall

Bird   Rooney/Bielik

New Striker

Futures bright if we are actually gonna get Ibe, just need a striker and maybe a left back.

COYR.

I like your optimism but the defence is still dodgy in my opinion,  and If we don't sign a striker that's an improvement on what we have we might get top 10 but no way top 6 , a striker is the difference for me atm

42 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Well yeah but we’re paying the wages of two LB’s already in Forsyth and Buchanan. In an extremely tricky window when we’re supposedly skint and desperately need a striker (not cheap), are we really spending money on a LB?

No one was saying we needed a LB until Saturday, it’s a clear overreaction to one bad performance early in the season. Cocu’s clearly comfortable with Fozzy and you should be too, we all know what the bloke’s about. He’ll occasionally have a stinker but will just as often string together 7/8 games where he’s solid as a rock.

Buchanan- “A young lad who’s barely played”...well let him play then. 

LB- Forsyth, Buchanan

RB- Byrne, Ebosele

Very cost efficient depth chart, have patience with it.

And Saturday was a particular circumstance. The Luton right flanker was very pacy tricky and consequently exposed fozzy’s weakest side. And they played on it. 

I do think Ibe could learn well from Wisdom during his time at Derby - both promised at a higher level but it hasn't quite come off for either of them yet. 

The lad needs a bit of mentoring as well as an opportunity to get his head down, work hard and get regular game time. 

I wonder how well they know each other? I like the idea of players having mates in the team.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to tick a few more boxes before this transfer can happen.

• An additional 57 pages on this thread for starters.
  • Patio furniture shopping posts.
  • Puns.
  • More tweets from Barry.

A long way to go yet lads.

I was just in B&Q and bumped into Barry in the patio furnishing area. He reckoned Ibe had just been in and bought a spa tub. Barry asked him about the proposed move and his tub purchase, and Jordan said he couldn’t comment on anything that might get him in to hot water.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I do think Ibe could learn well from Wisdom during his time at Derby - both promised at a higher level but it hasn't quite come off for either of them yet. 

The lad needs a bit of mentoring as well as an opportunity to get his head down, work hard and get regular game time. 

I wonder how well they know each other? I like the idea of players having mates in the team.

I would think they know each other reasonably well both were at Liverpool at the same time and played in there second team not saying they are close but they are ex teammates. 

His fitness should be good most players find a club who allow them to train whilst they seek a new team. 

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Well yeah but we’re paying the wages of two LB’s already in Forsyth and Buchanan. In an extremely tricky window when we’re supposedly skint and desperately need a striker (not cheap), are we really spending money on a LB?

No one was saying we needed a LB until Saturday, it’s a clear overreaction to one bad performance early in the season. Cocu’s clearly comfortable with Fozzy and you should be too, we all know what the bloke’s about. He’ll occasionally have a stinker but will just as often string together 7/8 games where he’s solid as a rock.

Buchanan- “A young lad who’s barely played”...well let him play then. 

LB- Forsyth, Buchanan

RB- Byrne, Ebosele

Very cost efficient depth chart, have patience with it.

Yep. Agree with this. Can’t see any LB coming in. I reckon Fozzy is Cocus first choice there for this season with Buchanan as back up

30 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Marshall

Bird   Rooney/Bielik

New Striker

COYR.

Definitely top six potential on paper, but obviously dependant on a lot of things such as how long Ibe takes to get up to speed with a while with little football. Also who that striker is, as we could sign a flop and still be short on goals. Essentially, a Championship version of Chris Wood, and I think we’d do very well.

Left back is still a bit iffy. Buchanan unproven and Forsyth shaky. I doubt we will sign another left back, but I’d like to see perhaps a loan in to allow Buchanan to get a full season of experience elsewhere as I don’t think he’ll get it here yet.

The main benefit of a Jozwiak/Lawrence/Ibe three is the benefit on Whittaker, Sibley, Knight. They’re chucked in at the deep end, all at the same, with the responsibility of creating the goals in this side. They’ll still play plenty of minutes with injuries, suspension and rotation, but all of a sudden the pressure on them isn’t quite so heavy.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think everyone benefits from Wisdom.

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I was just in B&Q and bumped into Barry in the patio furnishing area. He reckoned Ibe had just been in and bought a spa tub. Barry asked him about the proposed move and his tub purchase, and Jordan said he couldn’t comment on anything that might get him in to hot water.

Nice work. Copy and paste it several dozen times to bump the page count up and we might just see Ibe join us this week.

Archived