Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

Just now, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Exciting signing but will need time to bed in. Sub for the time being. Something of a coup but question remains as to why it has taken this long for someone to take a punt on him

Something I doubt we will know but if I was to take a good guess, then I would bet that he was waiting to see what Premier League offers came in and if any represented a good option for him to rebuild his career with playing time. Clearly they won't have come to fruition so we were waiting for that moment.

This would also tally with if it is simply a 2 year deal without an option, as he's backing himself to get a move back to the Premier League without commanding a big fee due to the length of contract - or simply on a free when he will still only be 26. Guess that remains to be seen on the contract though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

And a left back. 

We need a left back just as much as we needed a right back when Bogle left.

We do have Forsyth, Shinnie and Buchanan already which is why Lowe was allowed to leave, because we also needed the money to help reshape the team. Think we remain well covered in this department.

Looks like a deal that works for all parties. Obvs he is going to get more game time here than if he stayed in the Prem so it is clear he wants to get his career back on track which is a positive.

Also the pull of returning to somewhere that you did well previous (as Andre) will have been a factor. Dont underestimate the Rooney effect also.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We do have Forsyth, Shinnie and Buchanan already which is why Lowe was allowed to leave, because we also needed the money to help reshape the team. Think we remain well covered in this department.

Not if you saw the Luton game. Forsyth not enough pace, Buchanan not enough experience, Shinnie, no idea. Just go and get Nathan Byrne's left footed friend.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

The key still remains who plays at CF. 

Marriott or Waggers

Waggers did pretty well with limited service last year and Marriott showed on Saturday what he's capable of with a bit of service this too

I've quoted this over and over again - We were 20th in total shots in the league last season and 23rd with shots inside the box - We weren't creating enough chances for our strikers

Last year we had Rooney and Lawrence as out main creators - With Sibley coming in and whoever Bogle was combined with on the RHS chipping in - Waggers is creative(ish) too (I think he best facilitates the creative players around him more than anything else - He reads other players well but maybe not as naturally creative on his own)

If we add Ibe we'll be able to pick from him, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Rooney, Sibley, Lawrence - Plus Byrne looks as useful as Bogle - I think we suddenly boost our chance creation and therefore (hopefully) the goals our strikers can add

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The key still remains who plays at CF. 

Otherwise I can see Ibe flashing the ball across the box, all the way out to Jozwiak, who whips it back across the box, all the way out to Ibe... you get the picture. 

I think a 4-2-3-1 with the below guys as our attacking unit would scare the crap out of most championship sides.

Waghorn

Ibe - Lawrence/Sibley - Jozwiak

42 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm only teasing of course but imagine the boardroom discussion. 

Item one- Lessons learned.

Okay, so what have we learned from last year's drink driving debacle? 

Er, we've just signed Jordon Ibe? 

Cue mass facepalm. 

We're buying players with driving bans already, so now they have to take taxis after drinking sesh's

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Quantity-wise we are well-covered, I agree. Quantity-wise I think LB has been our soft spot for ages.

Archived