Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Derbados said:

Of course it is if it’s directed at someone! did I direct it at anybody or make a general statement, two completely different things

unbelievable

A fart in people's general direction is still a fart and some will take offense.

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The centre forward position is by far the most pressing now.

We need a big guy urgently. We put over some lovely crosses against Luton and any competent striker with a bit of height would have put them in.

Not Marriott’s fault. Indeed when he’s fit again he might benefit from playing off a big man.

We need a big guy to put pressure on centre halves and also to help defend set pieces. We are a small team.

Can’t help thinking that Ibe is a luxury, a new CF is a must.

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, but we have Byrne now to work with him to give him an outlet and put good crosses in. Yesterday Knight’s passes to him were often on the heavy side but that will come.

I’d rather have Jozwiak plus two more central strikers.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

No!

Knight’s a midfield player who should focus more on late runs into the box. He has an eye for goal and by God we need that.

All I was trying to get across was that it’s all very well having wingers but you need someone in the middle to finish.

Byrne provides crosses from the right, Jozwiak from the left.

Until we get a proper CF wing play is just foreplay.

I agree with so much of what you say but it makes me feel so uncomfortable because of your choice of avatar. Shudder.

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

IMG-20200920-WA0000.jpeg

Is Duncan Wright an alias for Barry Walsh?

I want to believe this is true and Ibe is signing, but I haven’t seen much in the way of reputable sources on this.

Apart from the Pete O’Rourke bits, but he’s got a mixed record.

50 minutes ago, roboto said:

Is Duncan Wright an alias for Barry Walsh?

I want to believe this is true and Ibe is signing, but I haven’t seen much in the way of reputable sources on this.

Apart from the Pete O’Rourke bits, but he’s got a mixed record.

Both radio Derby and Derby telegraph have confirmed our interest

15 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I have enormous sympathy for Nicholson as its his job to post information and so he has little option.

But people on here post personal opinion of their own free will, and do so hidden behind a presumed identity that is often entirely fictional. 

I do agree with you sometimes people overstep the mark (and I will occasionally post to say that) and some people are more unnecessarily sarcastic /cutting than others. But that's totally personal taste and its up to the individual to make decisions to that effect. Everyone will have their own level /idea on what constitutes retort, banter, joking, teasing.. and as well as the option to find another forum, you can just not post, use the report button or the ignore button. People on here who do get upset, generally have been quite contentious themselves and get called out in response and don't like it. 

Anyway, as for Ibe..!! I do think his time here is remembered a little more fondly than truly deserved. That said, if he is the same player he is exactly what we need. My recall is that he was direct and confident on the ball. He had that spark and ability to do something to ignite the team and break down rigid defences. At the time I wasn't 100% he was truly Premier League quality though and felt he wouldn't score enough goals and his final ball was sometimes lacking (ever the same for those who don't make it). If you watched Zaha yesterday you can see how important someone who drives and commits players is and he has come good maybe Ibe can similarly fulfil his potential still. Definitely worth a gamble but he is definitely that. 

Talked to Nicholson a couple of times at U23 games. Really nice guy. Cocu had seen it all. He had conducted himself particularly well. Top guy.

On 19/09/2020 at 19:49, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's certainly miss placed.

I wonder if this free speech would be so free flowing if the comments were made face to face?

Sadly they feel so secure in their moral rectitude that it probably would be just the same. And oh boy .., find out what happens if you have the temerity to disagree with them. Odious mindset, in this deplatforming, personal smearing ethos. Disgusts me.
With me 100% or you are damned and slandered. 

Debate and exchange of views is not allowed. It is a thoroughly putrid, vindictive mentality. they deserve the worst ranting even the daily bigot (sorry Mail) can throw at them. 

who is going to shut them up ? .. personally I think it’s better to laugh at them, But it’s hard ?

Archived