Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Rampage said:

One or two players may be carrying a few extra pounds. Watched Leeds v Liverpool. Leeds such a good team playing with no fear. Must be three teams in Prem not as good as Leeds 

I'd give Leeds close to an even chance of finishing in the top half tbh.

As for tonight, who is out?

Byrne (cuptied), Bielik (obv), Lawrence (can't be far away by now), Holmes (is he almost ready?) and Waghorn (anywhere near?).

I don't think we should play the U18's but a few changes I'd welcome.

Roos (good enough to get every cup game)

Ebosele (why not?)

Buchanan (ideal opportunity to get 90 mins more first team experience and let Cocu know he can replace Fozzy)

Te Wierik and Clarke (more minutes to build their partnership)

Bird at DM but not captain. Let him concentrate on his progression.

Knight and Sibley as CM's ahead of Bird as I feel both operate better there and have the energy to support the forwards.

Whittaker, Hector-Ingram and Ibrahim as a fluid front three. 

Cocu only has a handful of choices to make

3 or 4 at the back

If 3 who gets stuck at right wing back - Wizzy Wisdom, Wizzy Wierik, Wizzy Whittaker or Bizzy Buchanan. I'd be tempted with Ebosele - at least the guy gets forward.

If 4 Wisdom or MTW at right back

Forsyth or Buchanan

Rooney to start or to come on later, and whether he plays deep or advanced. 

The only other option is to shove Ebosele, Brown or Shonibare in for experience but it's a tough debut. 

Looking back at last years collapse at Forest, when everybody called suicidal line up, there's not a big difference compared to our current available side. I imagine we'll use a couple more 'first teamers' in defence, but we're at the point where Mason Bennett's understudy on the night is now starting and 3 of those kids who were in for a bit of experience are being heavily relied on. 

Hamer, Holmes, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan, Evans, Shinnie (Bird, 83), Sibley (Marriott, 58), Whittaker (Mitchell-Lawson, 70), Paterson, Bennett.

I'd go

Marshall

MTW Evans Clarke

Ebosele                Bird                  Forsyth

Knight Sibley

Marriott Whittaker

Nothing to lose, worst case scenario we're out of a cup, but it won't lose us gate receipts, and less games would probably be a good thing so let's just go out there and have a go. 

9 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Byrne (cuptied), Bielik (obv), Lawrence (can't be far away by now), Holmes (is he almost ready?) and Waghorn (anywhere near?).

Ebosele (why not?)

Buchanan (ideal opportunity to get 90 mins more first team experience and let Cocu know he can replace Fozzy)

Knight and Sibley as CM's ahead of Bird as I feel both operate better there and have the energy to support the forwards.

Lawrence still awhile yet Cocu said it is a complex injury.... Waghorn a few weeks had a set back in his recovery... Holmes susceptible to pulls and strains they have to be careful not to bring him back to soon. 

Manager also said Clarke most likely to have a break not done much training however Rooney will start needs the minutes. 

I think lottery is easier than getting  this one right...

Roos

Wisdom  Davies  Evans  Buchanan

Brown     Bird

Shonibare   Sibley    Knight

Whittaker

I expect those who are fit and did't start at the weekend to start: Roos, Rooney, Buchanan, Evans, Davies

Aided by those who haven't played alot of football: Wisdom, Shinnie

Padded out by some younger players

Roos

Wisdom Evans Davies Buchanan

Rooney Shinnie

Whittaker Sibley Shonibare

Marriott

Maybe some changes if other players can manage to be fit: Holmes, Waghorn, Lawrence, Hector-Ingram, Ebosele

Maybe other young players given the chance: Brown, Soloman, Ibrahim

Really hard team to predict

I honestly don't mind if we lose this one , if the following happens as its a cup competition I personally would only use to experiment with the squad and get the youth players more experience.

• We have improved movement on and off the ball
  • The passing is a little quicker
  • Some shots from within the box
  • Defensively we don't concede soft goals 

On 13/09/2020 at 00:06, Millenniumram said:

Bit of rotation for the cup, but we still want to win this game:

Roos

Byrne Te Weirik Davies Buchanan

Brown Evans

Whittaker Rooney Knight

Marriott

Even game on paper so could go either way. We should always be aiming to get further than round 2 in the EFL cup though.

Preston are putting out a strong side and so MUST WE. Our “top players” need game time and Cocu needs a positive result. This is not the time for Cocu to bury his head in the “bringing youth along” smoke screen. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Preston are putting out a strong side and so MUST WE. Our “top players” need game time and Cocu needs a positive result. This is not the time for Cocu to bury his head in the “bringing youth along” smoke screen. 

We have “top players”? I don’t doubt Cocu will play the kids, but to be fair, this time he doesn’t have too much choice. I just hope he doesn’t change the whole side.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We have “top players”? I don’t doubt Cocu will play the kids, but to be fair, this time he doesn’t have too much choice. I just hope he doesn’t change the whole side.

Hence the inverted commas. Cocu needs to show some courage and demand a performance from his currently strongest 11. That’s my point. Not experiment. The Club needs a boost. TODAY. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Hence the inverted commas. Cocu needs to show some courage and demand a performance from his currently strongest 11. That’s my point. Not experiment. The Club needs a boost. TODAY. 

I agree, but I can’t see it. It’ll be another 2-0 defeat today, we may have more hope with Ibe and Jozwiak on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Ebosele (why not?)

Get Jozwiak and a couple of others in and we may be set fair for a top six challenge probably after a slow start.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I agree, but I can’t see it. It’ll be another 2-0 defeat today, we may have more hope with Ibe and Jozwiak on Saturday.

Agree. Cocu’s judgement is on the line today. Preston’s manager is providing an answer today and their team will be fired up - will our’s?

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Got my official Derby merchandise for the night, ready to give it a good old booing in front of the sofa later 

8AF24092-EC80-43A9-B2D1-B1940EED1ED2.jpeg

Are you in prison?

Archived