Tyler Roberts

Sean

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I also did say that by the start of the next season so that is a two windows shopping spree hopefully. COYR. Happy Xmas 76 H I

Ah, apologies for not grasping your meaning. I wasn't really taking you to task anyway as it was an entirely reasonable proposition.

Also agree with the now, now now assessment. IF the takeover deal is real (I strongly believe it is FWIW) and IF there is a significant cash injection that does not contravene FFP (big 'ifs, I concede), I genuinely hope we don't go mad in the January window when it is notoriously hard to secure value. Strategic loans leveraging both the allure of Rooney as the superstar he was and the contacts he undoubtedly has would be great, especially if we can negotiate non-compulsory options to buy at a fixed price that represents some value should we wish to exercise said option. Bit cake and eat it maybe but a sensible approach IMO anyway.  

Soooooo... In essence, consolidation over speculation aka patience and fiscal prudence. 

The comparative trivialities of football aisde, appreciate the Xmas greetings kind sir and trust the @Rampage clan are set fair for a safe and enjoyable holiday too.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you could play him as more of a false nine rather than a target man.

He’s already an athletic AM so I guess you could basically have him perform a similar function with him peeling off CB’s to receive the ball with his back facing to goal in the space between defence/midfield and let the midfield flood past him. 

I quite liked the idea of Roberts under Cocu when we were first linked to him but we’re doing really well with a classic target man right now, might be best to bring another one in? CKR is 33, if he goes down we’re up poo creek a bit.

41 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I guess you could play him as more of a false nine rather than a target man.

He’s already an athletic AM so I guess you could basically have him perform a similar function with him peeling off CB’s to receive the ball with his back facing to goal in the space between defence/midfield and let the midfield flood past him. 

I quite liked the idea of Roberts under Cocu when we were first linked to him but we’re doing really well with a classic target man right now, might be best to bring another one in? CKR is 34, if he goes down we’re up poo creek a bit.

FTFY ?

The link to Tyler Roberts makes you wonder if we've learnt anything. We've plucked CKR from the jungles of Mexico and he's proven to be our best outlet because of his physicality, not because he's an outstanding footballer. You would think that, to at least see us through until next season safe in the Championship, we would be better off bringing in a striker that fits a similar profile - hopefully better. 

It's enough to make your head spin. 

8 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I didn't think Tyler Roberts would be the striker we need in the summer and I still think that now.

We need CKR mk.II not Waggy mk.II. There's got to be a good target man out there somewhere we can pick up?

Maybe a Waggy replacement? He is out of contract so maybe Waggy out, Roberts in (view to a permanent?)

9 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I didn't think Tyler Roberts would be the striker we need in the summer and I still think that now.

We need CKR mk.II not Waggy mk.II. There's got to be a good target man out there somewhere we can pick up?

Roberts is quite a bit quicker than our current centre forwards.

Archived