Tyler Roberts

Sean

10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Interesting read , off the highlights videos he looks like he could do a job up front , but he certainly does look like more of a number 10 style of player 

In short... 'He has suffered a series of major injuries and played only 54 times for United, scoring seven goals and supplying seven assists' .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought when we played them at the end of the season he played CF and was a real handful for our 2 centre halves. He had good pace and movement, always made himself available for the ball, carried it well and passed neatly....and I actually commented to my lad that this is the kind of CF we need in our team.

However, if I remember rightly, his finishing lacked composure and he should have had a couple of goals - maybe its a confidence/eager to please kind of thing....and with a run of games and goals?? ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Dava75 said:

However, if I remember rightly, his finishing lacked composure and he should have had a couple of goals - maybe its a confidence/eager to please kind of thing....and with a run of games and goals?? ??‍♂️

Maybe he was one of those still suffering with a hangover

Tyler Roberts is a very talented player. He does like an injury though, plus I'm not entirely sure where he fits in our team - possibly out wide? I don't know if he plays upfront. I could be wrong. 

Dean Sturridge is his agent, incidentally. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Leeds, but would be surprised to see him end up here. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tyler Roberts is a very talented player. He does like an injury though, plus I'm not entirely sure where he fits in our team - possibly out wide? I don't know if he plays upfront. I could be wrong. 

Dean Sturridge is his agent, incidentally. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Leeds, but would be surprised to see him end up here. 

He played centre forward against us on the last day of last season and we struggled to cope with him.

That said I'm not entirely comfortable with paying a sizeable fee for a player with a history of injuries... we've done that before and got burned.

2 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Interesting read , off the highlights videos he looks like he could do a job up front , but he certainly does look like more of a number 10 style of player 

Roberts has been in and out of the Leeds side since signing from West Brom in a deal worth up to £4m in January 2018.

He has suffered a series of major injuries and played only 54 times for United, scoring seven goals and supplying seven assists.

Ooops duplicated the info, him and Marriott could do swapsies on the treatment table?!

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Leeds fan on Twitter suggesting 'It would be nice to see him getting regular football at a smaller club like them'

?

My concern would be that I can't see them doing us any favours and that they wouldn't let us have him if they felt he was a future first-teamer. 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

My concern would be that I can't see them doing us any favours and that they wouldn't let us have him if they felt he was a future first-teamer. 

I don't think it really matters, business is business. If it's a loan and we're telling them he'll play every week in a team that plays passing football we're probably best suited to develop him, they wont just send him to Warnock or Rowett just to spite themselves. 

If we're buying it will just be down to a price tag and where the player wants to go.

Furthermore it does get you thinking we are a decent proposition for other clubs to loan players to at the moment - we play good football, they will get to work with Philip Cocu/Wayne Rooney. Premier league facilities and when the supporters are eventually allowed big crowds. If you had a youngster that's not quite first team ready we'll be high on the list of clubs, no wonder we got Clarke back this year. 

Archived