Tyler Roberts

Sean

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well as can be seen from this thread and others in this forum the fans like something to read/talk about!

I think its just the same article churned over that annoys me to be honest. I get that they need to do a job etc but their site is not usable without an ad blocker. Also some of the stories they put out there are not really even Derby related for example there was one recently about a former Derby ceo joining spurs , the bloke was only here for like 4 months so who actually cares.

2 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I think its just the same article churned over that annoys me to be honest. I get that they need to do a job etc but their site is not usable without an ad blocker. Also some of the stories they put out there are not really even Derby related for example there was one recently about a former Derby ceo joining spurs , the bloke was only here for like 4 months so who actually cares.

News is news, even if it isn't really news.  Bless them.

42 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

there was one recently about a former Derby ceo joining spurs , the bloke was only here for like 4 months so who actually cares.

It was at least titled in a reasonable manner - I think that has changed somewhat fairly recently, the hook-line is now much more obvious and less clickbait. So I read the tweet you mention and thought I'm not interested so I didn't click. Whereas one or two of the transfer related ones I did click and there were indeed snippets of interest.

I think the thing with Twitter, unlike say Facebook, is it's mostly 'immediate' so if you're not on then you miss it. Hence the number of repeated tweets.

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

How is that not Derby related. A former Rams CEO joining Spurs? If a former player joined Spurs would that be Derby related?

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

How is that not Derby related. A former Rams CEO joining Spurs? If a former player joined Spurs would that be Derby related?

I guess perhaps its more that i dont care that a former rams CEO from 13 years ago who was here for 4 months (ish) has gone to spurs. Im sure there are lots of people , like yourself perhaps who find it interesting and in that case good for you ? 

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

I think its just the same article churned over that annoys me to be honest. 

Especially cos it means people who read it 2 days later bring it back here as news and we all go around the houses on it again

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Classic Derbyshire Live, they only know what isn’t going on, not what is going on.

I think their club contact has a brief which is "say no"

Are there any new signings coming in? "Nope"

Is Roberts coming? "Nope"

Are you sure we're not talking to anyone? "Nope"

Can I have a cup of tea please? "Nope"

"Oh btw we just signed xxxxx from xxxxx"

Can we interview him? "Nope"

22 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I think the problem isn't with Derby related - It's the definition of 'news' which is a problem - Derby related news suggests something has happened to Derby which is new rather than a new thing has happened (in the world) related to Derby

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Especially cos it means people who read it 2 days later bring it back here as news and we all go around the houses on it again

I think their club contact has a brief which is "say no"

Are there any new signings coming in? "Nope"

Is Roberts coming? "Nope"

Are you sure we're not talking to anyone? "Nope"

Can I have a cup of tea please? "Nope"

"Oh btw we just signed xxxxx from xxxxx"

Can we interview him? "Nope"

I think the problem isn't with Derby related - It's the definition of 'news' which is a problem - Derby related news suggests something has happened to Derby which is new rather than a new thing has happened (in the world) related to Derby

Can we have some genuine relevant  Derby County news... "nope" 

2 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

I guess perhaps its more that i dont care that a former rams CEO from 13 years ago who was here for 4 months (ish) has gone to spurs. Im sure there are lots of people , like yourself perhaps who find it interesting and in that case good for you ? 

did we put in a sell on fee?

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Roberts may be available after tonight.... search his name on Twitter and all you'll see is Leeds fans foaming at the mouth. It doesn't sound like he's had a good game, to put it lightly. 

Neither  did Leeds ..losing  on Penalties  ?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived