Tyler Roberts

Sean

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

He hasn't been that prolific in the scoring department but he's young and has a point to prove. 

If he has the hunger and character to succeed, then he could be a major asset. I get the impression from Leeds that they would want a sizeable fee and that would be a risk given his recent record. 

But hey, I wrote CKR off so what do I know? 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Doesn't suit the target man role that we're surely after. I'm sure this is just agent talk

He is versatile though and Coul play in any of the 3 positions behind the striker. Would be a good option at the end of games on the counter attack as well. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

He is versatile though and Coul play in any of the 3 positions behind the striker. Would be a good option at the end of games on the counter attack as well. 

We already have Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Waghorn and Whittaker who are all at their best on the wing. Then we have Holmes who adds more depth.

I don't see the value in signing someone to add yet more depth, whilst not improving our two weakest areas - CB and CF

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We already have Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Waghorn and Whittaker who are all at their best on the wing. Then we have Holmes who adds more depth.

I don't see the value in signing someone to add yet more depth, whilst not improving our two weakest areas - CB and CF

I meant as well as up front. A different option up front isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as we get someone in that could share the hold up role with CKR. 

By the start of the next season imo we will need GK, RB, LB, Two CHs and a CF or two. Maybe some from Academy will fit the bill. 

Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies and Holmes out of contract this season.

Bogle and Lowe look to be heading back to Championship next season. Obviously on good wages but wonder how they feel.

41 minutes ago, Rampage said:

By the start of the next season imo we will need GK, RB, LB, Two CHs and a CF or two. Maybe some from Academy will fit the bill. 

Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies and Holmes out of contract this season.

Bogle and Lowe look to be heading back to Championship next season. Obviously on good wages but wonder how they feel.

Can't agree @Rampage my old mucker. All bar Curtis have ample time to earn extensions but even if your forecast is correct...

Wisdom / Curtis - Solomon is a beast and can step up to replace Curtis. Buchanan can also play CB and is the best in the air we have bar King Kazim. Fozzy still has it if Lee is moved and Evans has proved very able at CB against hoofball teams too. Kornell MacDonald is a very promising understudy for the very able Byrne so only one replacement required, if any.

Waggy - now being deployed in his correct position and has looked very good most recently - I'd be surprised were his contract not extended though he may be on a fair whack which tempers confidence. Waiting in the wings is Jordon Ibe whom I confidently expect to prove different gravy. Like CKR who is also a unit, he's taking some work to get fit but he is super-rapid and technically speaking, only Bielik can compare. The technique is there as evidenced by his goal in his first since his move for the U23s. 

Holmes - tricky one as he's not been at his best but has most recently looked better. He will be on modest money compared to the others and is pretty versatile positionally, so I think he's a risk worth taking. In midfield, we now have an abundance of options too if he's released.

CF - why would we need two more? CKR has been an absolute revelation so only cover required. On thread, Roberts is interesting but is not a target man like CKR so I'd like to see another skilful bruiser brought in but in a window that very rarely offers value, one would suffice. We won't be going up this season so a loan looks the best option and the Keinan Davis from Villa is a younger version of CKR in that his prime attribute is his ability as a hold up man. A good few on here don't rate him but I think they are assessing him on goal-scoring stats alone which overlooks what he could bring. A loan with option to buy would suit. DISCLAIMER - All this said, if Dursun deal can still be done, yes ducking please!!! 

So... my shopping list, a young CB if proven with scope to improve, match fit and good value and a CKR back up on loan if Dursun deal is a no-goer. Otherwise, we have more than enough to see out this year, so wait for the main window and the £20 million pound sponsorship deal with the new owners at what will be the newly-named Abu Derby Theatre of Dreams Stadium or summat like that. No need to compound errors and splash out in January even if we have the cash to do so. 

40 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can't agree @Rampage my old mucker. All bar Curtis have ample time to earn extensions but even if your forecast is correct...

Wisdom / Curtis - Solomon is a beast and can step up to replace Curtis. Buchanan can also play CB and is the best in the air we have bar King Kazim. Fozzy still has it if Lee is moved and Evans has proved very able at CB against hoofball teams too. Kornell MacDonald is a very promising understudy for the very able Byrne so only one replacement required, if any.

Waggy - now being deployed in his correct position and has looked very good most recently - I'd be surprised were his contract not extended though he may be on a fair whack which tempers confidence. Waiting in the wings is Jordon Ibe whom I confidently expect to prove different gravy. Like CKR who is also a unit, he's taking some work to get fit but he is super-rapid and technically speaking, only Bielik can compare. The technique is there as evidenced by his goal in his first since his move for the U23s. 

Holmes - tricky one as he's not been at his best but has most recently looked better. He will be on modest money compared to the others and is pretty versatile positionally, so I think he's a risk worth taking. In midfield, we now have an abundance of options too if he's released.

CF - why would we need two more? CKR has been an absolute revelation so only cover required. On thread, Roberts is interesting but is not a target man like CKR so I'd like to see another skilful bruiser brought in but in a window that very rarely offers value, one would suffice. We won't be going up this season so a loan looks the best option and the Keinan Davis from Villa is a younger version of CKR in that his prime attribute is his ability as a hold up man. A good few on here don't rate him but I think they are assessing him on goal-scoring stats alone which overlooks what he could bring. A loan with option to buy would suit. DISCLAIMER - All this said, if Dursun deal can still be done, yes ducking please!!! 

So... my shopping list, a young CB if proven with scope to improve, match fit and good value and a CKR back up on loan if Dursun deal is a no-goer. Otherwise, we have more than enough to see out this year, so wait for the main window and the £20 million pound sponsorship deal with the new owners at what will be the newly-named Abu Derby Theatre of Dreams Stadium or summat like that. No need to compound errors and splash out in January even if we have the cash to do so. 

I should have said unless they sign on again which I did mean but did not say. As it stands we will be short of those players so we will either need them to sign on again or get replacements. 86 H I.

46 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In one scenario we will be loaded and try to buy promotion next season which would some present players down the order. To survive in this division next year. I totally agree with you. To go for it in one season that could be another ball game.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

In one scenario we will be loaded and try to buy promotion next season which would some present players down the order. To survive in this division next year. I totally agree with you. To go for it in one season that could be another ball game.

I also did say that by the start of the next season so that is a two windows shopping spree hopefully. COYR. Happy Xmas 76 H I

Archived