v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Yes but I think everyone is missing my point. I am talking about the game as a whole, both sides. In the 1-4 v Sunderland as an example, they played well. Today neither team played well so as a “game” it was in my opinion as bad as I can remember watching. 

I never watch the other team, that’s just shocked me I really don’t. I need to 

41 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

League one players don't score against 3 goals in 3 play off games and 3 in 3 against premier league opposition- top five premier opposition at that.  Just my opinion mind.

Consistency is often what sets the Leagues apart. What are Marriotts stats over two seasons with us?

51 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Yeah it was. We played Barrow! Wisdom at number 10, Whittaker and Buchanan needed 2 or 3 adjustments everytime they got the ball, Evan's cant kick it properly with his left, knight tried a flick under zero pressure that looked like my daughter on the wreck (she admits shes terrible), forsyth couldnt cross the road, no flair, no pace, no tempo. Hell, the mighty Barrow even had the best 2 chances. Just my opinion so calm down with the personals. ?

We are toss

Let’s all bin of this football malarchy for the rest of the season hey. I mean, after all, we’ve played 1 full game already with our first choice best 11 out having completed all our transfer business early so it can only go downhill from here can’t it? I mean, if we needed penalties to beat Barrow (who?) what’s the point of football, in fact what’s the point of life? Let’s just not bother anymore and just ask the mods if they can close this forum down in disgust of what a shambles our club has become.

Well? Who’s with me?

2 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Let’s all bin of this football malarchy for the rest of the season hey. I mean, after all, we’ve played 1 full game already with our first choice best 11 out having completed all our transfer business early so it can only go downhill from here can’t it? I mean, if we needed penalties to beat Barrow (who?) what’s the point of football, in fact what’s the point of life? Let’s just not bother anymore and just ask the mods if they can close this forum down in disgust of what a shambles our club has become.

Well? Who’s with me?

I know you're joshing but if you weren't I could give you a list of at least a dozen I'd be more than happy for you to take with you (and never return). I don't know why some even bother.

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Yeah it was. We played Barrow! Wisdom at number 10, Whittaker and Buchanan needed 2 or 3 adjustments everytime they got the ball, Evan's cant kick it properly with his left, knight tried a flick under zero pressure that looked like my daughter on the wreck (she admits shes terrible), forsyth couldnt cross the road, no flair, no pace, no tempo. Hell, the mighty Barrow even had the best 2 chances. Just my opinion so calm down with the personals. ?

We are toss

@David what’s gone on there I never quoted that?! Bizarre. Been hacked!! 

EDEEED98-66E2-4493-BFD4-AF933A44A724.png

We were crap today. Turgid boring game, don’t have squad depth and with the quick turnaround injuries and embargo preventing some business clearly not ready to hit the ground running which is unfortunate.

But let’s not write the season off due to a game against Barrow. Still got some business to do and good players to come back. This team was top 6 second half of last season. No reason why we won’t be in mix again. Might start a bit slow but it’s a long season - we won’t be near the bottom 3 this Christmas -we’ll be in a more competitive position to strike. Can’t base anything off today’s game 

Just now, europia said:

Hmmm, that's where we might well see a mis match between the playing philosophy and the individual quality of the players available. 

But I don’t see other Championship teams with similar quality players playing at such a slow tempo...what is the aim of it?

10 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmmm, that's where we might well see a mis match between the playing philosophy and the individual quality of the players available. 

I think we need to relax a bit. First game team Park the bus the tempo will come. 

the team may have a very different look come Sat 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

If he leaves to League One he might do. He had a purple patch under Lampard when he scored a few goals. Even then his general play was pretty woeful. People are letting the playoff goals cloud their judgement of a player who isn’t all that great. Same as they let Roos and Keogh’s mistakes at Wembley convince them that they’re worse players than they are. If Waghorn put in that performance today, he’d be getting pelters on here I’m sure.

No judgement clouded here. I remember him as a real handful with a high work rate, who performed at his best with Mount in midfield who scored some great goals.  Regarding today, your centre forward shouldn't be collecting the ball out wide directly from a corner to actually get a touch. If that woeful service continues Maradona and Pele wouldn't get 10 between them.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Consistency is often what sets the Leagues apart. What are Marriotts stats over two seasons with us?

Last season he was injured, sub or often pushed out wide so patchy .  Season before pretty good before that abdominal strain and Mounts injury.  Then pretty good again when given some game time and service from Mount.

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Last season he was injured, sub or often pushed out wide so patchy .  Season before pretty good before that abdominal strain...

So injured or too inconsistent to keep a spot? He's been a poor buy, especially when you wonder 'what if' we'd paid what was asked for Watkins regardless.

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No judgement clouded here. I remember him as a real handful with a high work rate, who performed at his best with Mount in midfield who scored some great goals.  Regarding today, your centre forward shouldn't be collecting the ball out wide directly from a corner to actually get a touch. If that woeful service continues Maradona and Pele wouldn't get 10 between them.

But you can’t just stand around and wait for service. Sometimes you’ve got to make yourself an option.

34 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

I think we need to relax a bit. First game team Park the bus the tempo will come. 

the team may have a very different look come Sat 

Oh I'm well relaxed about it. My expectations for the season are quite moderate, so very unlikely to get too excited, or too disappointed ? 

49 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But I don’t see other Championship teams with similar quality players playing at such a slow tempo...what is the aim of it?

Folks were asking the similar questions when Clement was in charge, and we had better quality players then. Not sure anyone knows the answer to your question regarding the current set up, but we are going to have to trust in Cocu's judgement. 

Archived