v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,listening to his interview,Cocu sounded as impressed with Marriott as Eric "Chris Martin" Steele did.

Absolutely no use whatsoever as a lone striker or off a player like Sibley who isn't going to supply him with goal fodder on a plate.

He was pretty awful today and the sooner we can get Waggers back on the pitch or much better still,a new strong striker,who can take on the target man role,the better.

At the moment we look like a mirror image of the team that couldn't score for toffee at the start of last season,so I just hope Cocu can get some new players in before Saturday....a thrashing surely awaits us otherwise.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,listening to his interview,Cocu sounded as impressed with Marriott as Eric "Chris Martin" Steele did.

Absolutely no use whatsoever as a lone striker or off a player like Sibley who isn't going to supply him with goal fodder on a plate.

He was pretty awful today and the sooner we can get Waggers back on the pitch or much better still,a new strong striker,who can take on the target man role,the better.

At the moment we look like a mirror image of the team that couldn't score for toffee at the start of last season,so I just hope Cocu can get some new players in before Saturday....a thrashing surely awaits us otherwise.

Do not agree with this.  Marriott can play that role and play it well if he has decent players running off him and creating space for him.  Leeds United in the playoffs proved that.  Sibley for me was too far forward to influence the game today another 5-10 yards back picking up the ball and running is his game not back to goal.  We will be much better with Bielik as well who always looks to get on the front foot.  Today was never going to be their day with Barrow playing that deep.  Doesnt help what your main support comes from Forsyth, Knight and Holmes (who clearly should not have played).

1 hour ago, Birdyabroad said:

Cocu out!

Forsyth past it, happily not see Evans in a Derby shirt again, if Buchanan at right back is the answer, then what’s the question?

The squad looks paper thin with players potentially moving OUT?!

The football looks Laboured, disjointed and boring to watch.

And I’m usually a ‘happy clapper’ ?

Right, I’ve had time to reconsider, Cocu IN!

?????????

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

On the plus side though,Roos was absolutely superb,what a performance

Should have caught all the pens 

12 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It is going to be a tough old season alright, mainly on this forum!

You & others are going to moan about it every single step of the way, unable to make a post about anything at all without feeling the need to tell us that the football's dull & you don't approve of the manager, his tactics, subs, interviews, whatever.

You'll make absolutely no attempt to look for the positives (unless they can be used to criticise the manager), make no allowances for anything other than your viewpoint and hold the attitude that whenever anything goes against us it's the manager's fault, and that if only he'd done that thing you'd have done (whatever it is) things would automatically have been worked out for the better.

I don't know some people on here are wasting their time with their day jobs when they'd be better off making millions leading Chorley FC to Champions League glory making no missteps along the way and playing wonderful, free flowing attacking football at all times, even if you don't have the players for it.

I'll wait and see how it looks when/if we actually have some decent attacking players who aren't below the age of 19. If it's still really poo I'll hold my hands up.

I’ll let you know when I find those positives.

Tom Hanks Binoculars GIF

Lacking strength up front, some drive from midField and someone to do a worldie every now and again. But That was a very young team. They played like their age and experience 

Waggy, Lawrence, Bielik, Rooney and whoever is incoming will give us some backbone .. fear not 

having said that .. boy did we move the ball slowly .. daft ! Very tidy but gave them time to reform and set themselves all the time. 

harrumph .. need to do much better lads. 
Whittaker and Buchanan added a bit of ooomph which was nice

Anyway, we won so ... 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I’ll let you know when I find those positives.

Tom Hanks Binoculars GIF

I and others have managed to find them, or at least not purely focus on the negatives! It's possible if you try hard enough!

I do actually respect your opinions even though it may not seem like it, at least they're well written and explained.

It just gets a bit annoying when it feels like every single post some people make is filling some sort of moan quota, and not in response to other people's posts, just standalone posts being negative, every single time. It can be as tiring to read as today's game was to watch.

Just now, Coconut said:

I and others have managed to find them, or at least not purely focus on the negatives! It's possible if you try are enough!

I do actually respect your opinions even though it may not seem like it, at least they're well written and explained.

It just gets a bit annoying when it feels like every single post some people make is filling some sort of moan quota, and not in response to other people posts, just standalone posts being negative, every single time. As tiring to read as today's game was to watch.

I've put more members on ignore in the last 2 years then I have had in previous 10 year or so on here and DET forum.

Just cant be bothered to see it to be totally honest. Dont really care how that makes me look, I just cant be arsed to interact with it.

Perusing through the other scores, it doesn't seem like many Championship clubs have had the best of games today:
Walsall have taken Sheffield Wednesday to penalties
Rochdale's currently holding Huddersfield
Salford are holding Rotherham
QPR lost to Plymouth
Cambridge are beating Birmingham
Coventry being held by MK Dons
Newport beating Swansea
Northampton beating Cardiff

Archived