v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

That cross wasn't decent - it was behind all the Derby players until it caught a Barrow defender and flew in front of Sibley. 

Did you notice Marriott behind two Derby players in the box - I would have wanted him diving in 

Well that was depressingly familiar. Lots of possession, decent in midfield, but absolute nothing in attack. No movement, nothing. Anyone who thinks Jack Marriott is the solution needs to watch that half and give their heads a wobble. We had about 80% possession and he touch the ball about twice - because he doesn’t pissing move! Desperately need some attacking incomings or we will never break teams down. System isn’t working for me either - we are defensive enough when we play 4231, 5 at the back just makes things worse, especially with the current wing backs who aren’t suited at all to the role. It’s leaving us with no attacking width, and we’re only a Forsyth or Evans rick away from losing this game. Positives are Bird as usual who is dominating midfield and putting some fantastic balls in, as well as Clarke and Te Weirik who look decent on the overlap. But based on this performance I’m struggling to see anything but another long season ahead of us.

We look better at getting the ball to the final third in this system, but the. it relies on the full backs. 

Forsyth has been poo. You can't defend it. What h that half back and count any moves break down with him. 

Buchanan just as guilty, wanting to turn in on his left foot all the time. Don't blame him, he's out of position. 

Ebosele on, Buchanan to LWB, and let's take them on down the sides and switch the play quicker. That's where it is breaking down. Then Holmes, Marriott and Sibley will become more involved with the space that opens in the middle. 

having analysed the first half,  I have worked out with the possession we have had, with our number of shots, their number of shots...that the xG rating is 45

expected Groans that is ?

Archived