Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 minutes ago, alram said:

both them and leicester are knackered financially

Leicester will be fine once they sell 3 players for 100 million, plus parachutes.  They should piss that league next year.  Over 100 points I'm reckoning if they keep half their squad and add a few.  That team going down is bonkers.

Leeds have a right load of old crap though on massive wages following massive fees no one will be arsed with.

50 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Leicester will be fine once they sell 3 players for 100 million, plus parachutes.  They should piss that league next year.  Over 100 points I'm reckoning if they keep half their squad and add a few.  That team going down is bonkers.

Leeds have a right load of old crap though on massive wages following massive fees no one will be arsed with.

Leeds could cash in on Gnonto, Harrison and Meslier as well as a couple of their American internationals. They’re probably not as stuffed financially as you think but some surgery is needed on their squad if they’re to stand a chance of coming back up. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Leeds could cash in on Gnonto, Harrison and Meslier as well as a couple of their American internationals. They’re probably not as stuffed financially as you think but some surgery is needed on their squad if they’re to stand a chance of coming back up. 

Have you watched Meslier this season? 😂 No way they are bringing in much for him...

56 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ridiculous statement to make. I'm sure they will sell their stars for good money, but the reason they are here is because their recruitment has been poor. The championship is a tough league, it's fairly dumb to say they'll get over 100 points.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Have you watched Meslier this season? 😂 No way they are bringing in much for him...

Don’t get me wrong, Leeds were rubbish for large chunks of the season and deserved to go down, though I went to their home win against Forest and really thought of the two sides I watched that night Leeds would be the ones to stay up. 
I just think, taking Ram bias out of the equation for a moment, that they have some saleable assets within the squad. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Don’t get me wrong, Leeds were rubbish for large chunks of the season and deserved to go down, though I went to their home win against Forest and really thought of the two sides I watched that night Leeds would be the ones to stay up. 
I just think, taking Ram bias out of the equation for a moment, that they have some saleable assets within the squad. 

I don't disagree they have a few assets, but Meslier is rubbish. 

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ridiculous statement to make. I'm sure they will sell their stars for good money, but the reason they are here is because their recruitment has been poor. The championship is a tough league, it's fairly dumb to say they'll get over 100 points.

The have a much better side than Burnley and the championship this year, albeit I haven't had much focus on it, must be total bobbins with the quality of the playoffs and an average Sheff Utd cantering to promotion. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about Leicester.  There’s a good article on BBC website.  They’ve got a few players on over £100k/week, one being Vardy.  There might be big relegation clauses but that’s still around £50k/week for a player who’s looked past it and no one will take.  There’s also 7 players out of contract.  They also have debts with an Australian bank and the parachute payments will just pay that debt.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

They do have some good players - tielemans, barnes, maddison, etc, but i think tielemans leaves for free now as his contract expired. They'll probably get a bit more for maddison with him being English, but will they reinvest that money particularly well? I'd agree with you and guess probably not if recent years have been anything to go by

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The have a much better side than Burnley and the championship this year, albeit I haven't had much focus on it, must be total bobbins with the quality of the playoffs and an average Sheff Utd cantering to promotion. 

Their stars will go, and ultimately their ''much better side' still got them relegated. They are a club without direction, do not assume it'll be easy for them. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe that the parachute payments will be going straight to Macquarie Bank (Aust). 

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

leicester took out a loan last summer guaranteed on the clubs parachute payments and the owner has basically run out of money, I heard it on the radio this morning.

they will be knackered as they need a massive rebuild as everyone is out of contract or had 1 year left 

factor all that into that they have the biggest wage bill of any relegated side with no parachute payments, if they don’t come straight back up they are knackered