Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, Leeds are already only 4 points off Norwich's total from last season.

Yeah they are doing better and it wasn’t necessarily meant as a criticism of Leeds as I don’t think they should abandon their principles. 

Just shows the inconsistency of it all when Norwich didn’t spend a penny and Farke was widely criticised for the way he had Norwich set up, and people act like Bielsa is doing some miracle job. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I understand the Leeds hate. I hate them too. But they are a pretty reasonable team, missing a lot of defenders today. They are not going to go down. Still think they might end up top 10 come May. 

They play like they are missing a lot of defenders every day

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not last season they didn’t. We are all just a tad bitter. If we go up, I hope we make as good a fist of it first season as they are.

Last season no team was capable of counter attacking them and they always had the ball, the defenders weren't great there either. They're a good attacking team but without any agenda, they'll be in trouble if they don't adjust their tactics to the prem.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not last season they didn’t. We are all just a tad bitter. If we go up, I hope we make as good a fist of it first season as they are.

I would hope so too if Mr. Rooney was given £100m to spend on some Germany, Portugal and Spain internationals.

I think they are largely great to watch but I find the media love in quite strange. Bielsa’s great success was turning journeymen such as Cooper or Ayling into top Championship players, as you mention. So far in the PL, they still look exactly that. As I said, Farke was seen as naive and stubborn for not setting up in ways to mitigate their obvious weaknesses, while Bielsa gets lauded having spent around 200x as much this summer. I like to see it but it is inconsistent. 

We’re only a few weeks away from a Bielsa strop and resignation.

Arsenal and Brighton will go above them, won’t get what he wants in January.

Will post a note through Elland Road saying “I’m gone” despite not being able to speak English, then on the first flight out from Manchester to Argentina refusing to pay for extra baggage for his bucket. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

The amount of praise Leeds are getting for a team being hammered 6-2 is bewildering. 

Don’t remember Crystal Palace getting praised yesterday as they conceded 7. 

Leeds could be 15-0 down and the commentators would still have their tongues firmly wedged in the Fraud Bielsa’s backside 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Imagine being a Leeds fan thinking your club has a rivalry with Man Utd, when all Man Utd are trying to do is emulate their real rivals, Liverpool, by scoring 7(SEVEN). 

Might fall just short but no-one in Manchester is looking east along the M62.

I think it was the game under Clement, when Tom Ince scored a late equaliser, when they were singing "Shoes off if you hate Man U". It's quite possibly the worst song I've ever heard any fanbase sing. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Leeds will be fine. They are already seven points clear of the bottom three.

They’ll have days like today, but they should stay up comfortably.

They are poor defensively, but their aggressive pressing style always gives them a chance. 

They don’t have to be better than United. They have to be better than Brighton, Burnley, Fulham, WBA, and Sheff Utd and possibly a few others, which is hardly the challenge of a lifetime.

They’ll be absolutely fine.

11 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah, who wants to get promoted and stay up in the Premier League while playing entertaining attacking football. ?

I want that. But don’t want him. Wouldn’t even want him here making the tea.