Leeds United Premier League Adventures

David

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair enough, wasn’t aware they’d done the same. Not sure they promised refunds in September though and then didn’t bother, without any further communication to the fans. Very poor from any club who still haven’t refunded fans.

Not sure what’s going on with those and what the process is, saw one fan in the refund topic as had theirs. If you look around many fans from other clubs are also in the dark, not saying that makes it ok.

I do know some of the staff are either working from home or on furlough which probably won’t be helping.

But as far as classy clubs go, Leeds wouldn’t be a role model by any stretch of the imagination. Wasn’t long ago they were defending their racist keeper and laughing off their manager being caught cheating.

Nice gesture to put his name on the stand, but look around the country, many clubs have stands dedicated to former players/staff. 

You brought up the Reg Harrison bust but with little revenue coming into the club and players wages still being paid it’s not the best time to be pumping money out on statues.

The club may have had plans further down the line, we’ll never know. I kinda also feel it means more where it is and how it was funded, but that’s just me.

Anyhow duck Leeds.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Since beating Sheffield by a single goal, Leeds have secured only 8 points from a possible 27.  It would appear their is a God after all and he's not called Bielsa. How long before Moody Marcelo grabs his bucket and runs for the hills I wonder?

It would be quite amusing to see Burnley win and Fulham win their next matches and watch there arses start twitching, especially with that double training session routine that seems to have them running on empty in February/March. 

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It would be quite amusing to see Burnley win and Fulham win their next matches and watch there arses start twitching, especially with that double training session routine that seems to have them running on empty in February/March. 

The well known burn out of his teams is yet to take effect, lockdown saved them from it last season, but won't this.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Don’t see much difference between this team and Norwich last year except that Leeds gave Bielsa £100m to spend.

The coach of one of them was naive and needed to abandon his principles. The coach of the other is a revolutionary coach of the year nominee.

To be fair, Leeds are already only 4 points off Norwich's total from last season.