Which player put(s) the sparkle into DCFC for you?

RoyMac5

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Of course but I'd wager he gets a first team debut inside a year. There'll be some getting debuts sooner but he's the one who is the most exciting to my eyes.

There's a good few others too as you know. Our academy set up is nothing short of amazing these days. It's become almost like a production line for football scholars and seemingly pretty sensible and focused young men. It should escape nobody how grounded these lads appear to be and happy in their football too. For me it's the biggest single buzz around the club right now by far and has been for a while. I think it speaks to a very healthy future.

COYR

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4342951/ireland-under-19-festy-ebosele-Derby-county/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one in my time following the rams was idiakez , he was a bit special.

In the current team Sibley has that sparkle of he might do something great. That's not necessarily the same as players I like for other reasons. I liked Ward, Bryson, Bucko and Shinnie and Waghorn for the "God loves a trier" factor for example.

Eranio was class. He owned the midfield. We haven't seen his quality since. Hughes was a clever player but not as imperious. 

Archie Gemmill was a joy too and always thrilled when on a run but I was younger then! 

I loved watching Strupar play in his brief spell. Great target man with a brain. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The first one in my time following the rams was idiakez , he was a bit special.

In the current team Sibley has that sparkle of he might do something great. That's not necessarily the same as players I like for other reasons. I liked Ward, Bryson, Bucko and Shinnie and Waghorn for the "God loves a trier" factor for example.

Jamie Ward is one of the most underrated Derby players in the last ten years.

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Post Martin,it's got to be Sibley,followed by knight...

But concerned about repots today that arsenal are looking at him tho...

There are no reports. A website did a speculation piece about Championship players Arsenal should look at, that has then be regurgitated by several others claiming they're actually interested. The thread was closed on here in Transfer Talk.

1. Like many Rams of a certain age , Bobby Davison stands alone for me , for the goals he gave us on dirt cheap [looking back) away trips to places like York and Newport , and just the feeling  that we had a great goalscorer, that could swing any game home or away , when he went to The Dark Place in , I think 87 , I was talking about it at work with 2 other Derby fans in  hushed tones , can,t believe it Bobby ? He,s gone , not Bobby  etc , a guy out of the offices walked past , he asked me later who died ? was it one of your mates ? someone young ? When I told him Bobby Davison had left Derby for Leeds , He called us all sort of Sad t***s for caring so much ! I loved Dean Saunders , Idiakez and Baiano and Steve Howard and anyone who gives blood , swat and tears for DCFC , but Bobby will always be the Ultimate Terrace Hero 

On 03/08/2020 at 20:05, ilkleyram said:

Okay, if you won’t allow me the fans and home and away adventures and I have to pick one player then I am most excited to see Wierik.

He's Cocu's first signing, he's a defender and I love good defenders who play football (Toddy, Roy Mac, Igor, Mark Wright) as well as good defenders that don’t , he was a captain of his club and I love watching the leaders we have had over the years, and the system we have been playing demands that our centre halves start and play a part in our attacks. I’ve never seen him play live or over a season, unlike the other names, so he is the one that I’m really excited to see.  Other new players may come and make me change my mind though...........

Yes yes and thrice yes. Really enjoyed his interview, mark my words, he will be one very impressive player this season, Rams, we have a serious talent on its way  

Archived