Which player put(s) the sparkle into DCFC for you?

RoyMac5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zbigniew Boniek (@BoniekZibi) in #RozmowaRMF: Tomorrow, the day after tomorrow Jóźwiak will go to Derby County. As I hear, everything is ready.

#fingerscrossed Watched some of his play in the Poland game last night - yes, pretty please.

On 04/08/2020 at 08:59, Anag Ram said:

Eranio was class. He owned the midfield. We haven't seen his quality since. Hughes was a clever player but not as imperious. 

Archie Gemmill was a joy too and always thrilled when on a run but I was younger then! 

I loved watching Strupar play in his brief spell. Great target man with a brain. 

Strupar was absolutely class. Shame he didn't stay fit or I reckon we'd be talking about him a lot when it comes to quality Derby strikers.

On 03/08/2020 at 18:19, RoyMac5 said:

Well perhaps you know, I'm a big Chrissy Martin fan, he's such a great footballer and put the sparkle into Derby for me. For me there are always certain players, maybe one or two per season that really add that bit extra to supporting the Rams.

I'm struggling at the minute to be that bothered about next season, it's lost that sparkle (come back Chrissy!). Thinking back I was gutted when we sold Idiakez and Will Hughes, when other players retired too. My memory isn't what it was so fortunately the pain of not being able to watch certain favourite players line up for Derby have faded over time. 

I think maybe next season Sibbo will add a little extra sparkle for me. How about you?

I liked your post as it is almost perfect 

Love Martin

Idiakez was a true great at our level - controlled games

and I too getting a warm fuzzy feeling with Sibbo at the moment - 

If  I could be so bold as to add a couple

Kinkladze, Strupar

Archived