Which player put(s) the sparkle into DCFC for you?

RoyMac5

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True, but more likely U23s. #COYR

Of course but I'd wager he gets a first team debut inside a year. There'll be some getting debuts sooner but he's the one who is the most exciting to my eyes.

There's a good few others too as you know. Our academy set up is nothing short of amazing these days. It's become almost like a production line for football scholars and seemingly pretty sensible and focused young men. It should escape nobody how grounded these lads appear to be and happy in their football too. For me it's the biggest single buzz around the club right now by far and has been for a while. I think it speaks to a very healthy future.

COYR

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Without the players/teams the fans have nothing to cheer. Who will you be looking for to see 'sparkle' when the fans are back? ?

Okay, if you won’t allow me the fans and home and away adventures and I have to pick one player then I am most excited to see Wierik.

He's Cocu's first signing, he's a defender and I love good defenders who play football (Toddy, Roy Mac, Igor, Mark Wright) as well as good defenders that don’t , he was a captain of his club and I love watching the leaders we have had over the years, and the system we have been playing demands that our centre halves start and play a part in our attacks. I’ve never seen him play live or over a season, unlike the other names, so he is the one that I’m really excited to see.  Other new players may come and make me change my mind though...........

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still not ready for Will to be playing in the Championship against us (possibly) next season.

Me neither. I hope a Prem side comes in for him before that, he's too good for this level.

If he does play against us, hope it's when the crowds are back & we can show our appreciation.

I'm finding myself liking a lot of posts in this thread because any one of our players can add that sparkle if it is their day. I always enjoy seeing our young players breaking through but have enjoyed Wisdom's return to the team as well. A good save, a mazy run, a well-taken first time shot; all excite me. Wayne Rooney in a Rams shirt, that excites me.

If I have to pick one player for next season it has to be Sibley, though. I have been watching him produce the same kind of magic at youth level for a few seasons now and to see him do it at first team level is so thrilling.

I've looked for the same name first on the teamsheet in recent seasons and that name was Martin. I know next season it will be Sibley (makes our Chrissy going just a little less painful.)

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still not ready for Will to be playing in the Championship against us (possibly) next season.

You just know Will will back-flick one in to the far corner with his back to goal from 18 yards against us and not celebrate. ?

Sibley. When the ball goes to him and he turns into space, you instinctively move to the edge of your chair.

We had some great team goals in recent years but in terms of someone really standing out, he is the first since Kris Commons.

Archived