Which player put(s) the sparkle into DCFC for you?

RoyMac5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/08/2020 at 23:12, Ellafella said:

You just know Will will back-flick one in to the far corner with his back to goal from 18 yards against us and not celebrate. ?

Hopefully - if there are fans in the ground to see him, they don’t boo him like they did Idiakez.

wtf was all that about?

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
On 09/08/2020 at 08:00, RamNut said:

Hopefully - if there are fans in the ground to see him, they don’t boo him like they did Idiakez.

wtf was all that about?

I don't remember idiakez getting booed. his first game against us (I think and someone might correct me) was for QPR and he got a  very good reaction when taking a corner in the ne corner. 

On 09/08/2020 at 08:00, RamNut said:

wtf was all that about?

Don't recall that.  Maybe Southampton in the playoffs?

Remember some young danish lad at West Ham getting absolute pelters on his debut, because they announced Kitson was coming on and changed there mind.  He was his doppelganger unfortunately.  Redknapp was most upset.  Paul Williams got a proper volley against Southampton as well and Strachan took him off.  Only clear one's I remember.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't recall that.  Maybe Southampton in the playoffs?

Remember some young danish lad at West Ham getting absolute pelters on his debut, because they announced Kitson was coming on and changed there mind.  He was his doppelganger unfortunately.  Redknapp was most upset.  Paul Williams got a proper volley against Southampton as well and Strachan took him off.  Only clear one's I remember.

Southampton in the playoffs,  we couldn't have booed him, he won the game for us.

I remember vividly in the ridiculous pooring rain, him stepping up to take that last penalty,  I was already celebrating as I knew he would miss,  he was proper rubbish at penalties. 

Sibbley and Lawrence have the x factor for me, both have the ability to glide

past people and get a shot off or pass, it doesn't always happen - but it could!

Marriott. when he turns and rifles a shot at goal, also when he's charging forward

and shoots almost immediately, before the Keeper has set himself.?

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nobody in a Derby shirt will ever be as much fun to watch as Wanchope as far as I'm concerned.

Used to love it when Hansen spoke about him on MOTD. Yes he was incredible fun to watch. Had no idea what would happen next. 

On 03/08/2020 at 21:15, hintonsboots said:

Sibley is going to be some player and will end up in the Prem, hopefully with the Rams.

The last Derby player that was a joy to watch....Dean Saunders.

You've missed out some seriously class players in jumping all the way back to Dean Saunders!

12 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Used to love it when Hansen spoke about him on MOTD. Yes he was incredible fun to watch. Had no idea what would happen next. 

Hansen had his own segment on MOTD called “Wanchope of the Day” at one point.... it’s barely imaginable that we could ever have anyone that exciting again

Hugely excited about Sibley. There’s every sign we have a stick of dynamite in our hands.

Before his injury I loved Holmes hunger, doggedness and sparkling feet. Hoping we get Matt Clarke back so we can watch him grow. Far more than winning headers, There were 2 or 3 Igor moments last term that speaks of the sort of commanding swagger and skill that the greats have. 

Bogle and Lowe on song are joyful but it’s stuttering a bit and there are areas that need to improve. Will Marriott produce the goods ? I predict he will and in style but there is always that nagging doubt 

So to @RoyMac5lots to look forward to but it’s Sibbo that’s going to be the sparkle

Archived