Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

Ambitious

My Turkish isn't the best, but it looks like we have possibly gone in for one of Cocu's former players - Nicolas Isimat-Mirin. He was part of his Championship winning PSV side and since moved on to Besiktas and then loaned out to Toulouse.

I have never seen him play, but like how he's got high passing accuracy and seems fairly dominant in the air. Cocu obviously knows him and it seems likely Besiktas so it will be interesting to see how much truth is in this. 

I'll even include a little video:

Link: https://www.fotospor.com/haber-besiktas-besiktasi-mirinden-cocu-kurtaracak-389318 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

My Turkish isn't the best, but it looks like we have possibly gone in for one of Cocu's former players - Nicolas Isimat-Mirin. He was part of his Championship winning PSV side and since moved on to Besiktas and then loaned out to Toulouse.

I have never seen him play, but like how he's got high passing accuracy and seems fairly dominant in the air. Cocu obviously knows him and it seems likely Besiktas so it will be interesting to see how much truth is in this. 

I'll even include a little video:

Link: https://www.fotospor.com/haber-besiktas-besiktasi-mirinden-cocu-kurtaracak-389318 

Plays a lovely nothing ball across the back. 

He'll fit in nicely. 

Pros:

• plays across the back 4 in that video (well not LB, but we have lots of them...)
  • has scored some goals from corners
  • looks comfortable on the ball and can look up while the ball is at his feet

Cons:

• some of those challenges in the video will probably get cards with the standard of champ refereeing
  • there was a clip where he fouled someone in the box and where he nearly scored an OG. Are these really highlights for him?
  • his name isn't great for puns unless you like Japanese food ingredients

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Cons:

• some of those challenges in the video will probably get cards with the standard of champ refereeing
  • there was a clip where he fouled someone in the box and where he nearly scored an OG. Are these really highlights for him?

Oh yes!

Swear I signed this bloke on football manager once... name seems very familiar. In any case, he seems a decent option to me. Loan spell at Toulouse doesn’t look to have gone brilliantly, but judging by the levels he’s played at in the past, you’d suggest he has a chance of making a good player at this level. Would still prefer to extend Clarke’s loan instead mind.

Archived