Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

Ambitious

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember him being pretty good for that mega Cocu side. Can play left-sided, too.

End up saying this every year, but: never trust a YouTube video when it comes to footballers.

I've seen videos that make Connor Sammon and Chris Maguire look like world-beaters. 

Wow he signed for Derby on my FIFA Career mode a few years back so it's weird to see his name pop up in real life for us.

He scored the winner in the Champions League final for us there, just saying

The only thing you tell for sure from that vid is that he’s confident with the ball at his feet, hence the odd trick. On that basis you presume he might be a ball playing centre back like I’d presume we’d be after. Confidence doesn’t necessity mean competence. Weird highlights vid though, never seen a 5 yard pass or conceding a penalty on one before.

2 hours ago, Red_ram said:

The only thing you tell for sure from that vid is that he’s confident with the ball at his feet, hence the odd trick. On that basis you presume he might be a ball playing centre back like I’d presume we’d be after. Confidence doesn’t necessity mean competence. Weird highlights vid though, never seen a 5 yard pass or conceding a penalty on one before.

Does he actually concede a penalty? You see the player go down but imo the 'highlight' was that he didnt make a tackle & commit a foul in a needless position and the player just fell over. I could be wrong, or thinking of another bit of the video? 

Someone mentioned him almost scoring an own goal as well, I think again it was to show him quickly closing his man down, he cant help a cross taking a deflection and where it ends up.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Does he actually concede a penalty? You see the player go down but imo the 'highlight' was that he didnt make a tackle & commit a foul in a needless position and the player just fell over. I could be wrong, or thinking of another bit of the video? 

Someone mentioned him almost scoring an own goal as well, I think again it was to show him quickly closing his man down, he cant help a cross taking a deflection and where it ends up.

Yeah. He can’t help it. Just seems weird that they are classed worthy of a highlights reel.

However good the lad is, at least this link suggests that Cocu and co will be deciding transfer targets.

For the first time since Mac 1 we’ve had a manager for longer than a season and so we’ll hopefully see much more informed player recruitment.

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

However good the lad is, at least this link suggests that Cocu and co will be deciding transfer targets.

For the first time since Mac 1 we’ve had a manager for longer than a season and so we’ll hopefully see much more informed player recruitment.

Bang on - super happy with this

16 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Transfer window is so mad, why is everyone reading so heavily into a YouTube video probably made by a 15 year old

And seeing a link from the arse end of Turkey and assuming we definitely want the guy.

Isimat forced to train with…tennis balls?
Indeed, central defender Nicolas Isimat-Mirin has trained with tennis balls, this week. Head coach Phillip Cocu has had it with ‘Isi’ plucking and pulling opponent’s jerseys, which already caused 3 penalties and unnecessary goals for the wrong party. Cocu has used a renown method of learning defenders to not use their hands, making them hold a tennis ball in each hand during serious training sessions. This should help them kick the habit and learn new ways to defend strikers without causing danger for the rest of the team.

It’s not the first time the Frenchman has gotten warnings on his defensive skills, and it seems it’s really a final warning before he will be put on the bench for the rest of the season. Isimat has made a name to be a funny guy from his first season on, but supporters seem to be on Cocu’s side now and want him to be a clown only off the pitch instead of in the penalty box from now on.

?

15 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

?

Cocu has used a renown method of learning defenders to not use their hands, making them hold a tennis ball in each hand during serious training sessions. This should help them kick the habit and learn new ways to defend strikers without causing danger for the rest of the team.

Unfortunately, he has asked Hamer to do the same thing in matches.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Cocu has used a renown method of learning defenders to not use their hands, making them hold a tennis ball in each hand during serious training sessions. This should help them kick the habit and learn new ways to defend strikers without causing danger for the rest of the team. 

Unfortunately, he has asked Hamer to do the same thing in matches.

That's harsh on Hamer.... He's clearly been trained with a beach ball! 

23 hours ago, TomG said:

I would hazard a guess that Phillip Cocu knows a little bit more about this lad than anyone on this forum.....just sayin'!

Cocu may have been ad Mirin him for some time. Just saying, I know. Mat and Isimat, could be confusing, so Specsavers.

Archived