Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

21 minutes ago, sage said:

This is like being 8 minutes away from meeting a blind date. Will she look like Kylie Minogue or Bella Emberg?

Will she turn up at all?

You arrived 15 minutes early and you're waiting outside Debenhams checking your watch every 20 seconds.

Will your hand be cupping a tit or a kebab at 11.30pm.

She's a no-show isn't she?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm still outside Debenhams...

The youth of today will never experience that feeling...standing, waiting, expectant ...feel sad for them. 

Although.. I went home assuming they were not allowed to meet me due to their evil stepmum and were crying themselves to sleep. Whereas the modern generation will be well aware they are a laughing stock..along with half of Derby. 

You just know that the disciplinary panel are all on annual leave at different times, 2 weeks a piece and they probably haven’t even discussed the charge yet. 

We’ll be waiting for them to get their act together well into the season

On 13/08/2020 at 10:35, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah in basic terms.

Re having a football team it could be irrelevant depending what is in the lease.

Hope there are restrictive covenants in it but could be the case that under the terms of the lease they could knock the ground down and build a  shopping centre there.

True. But given that the existing shopping centre in Derby can’t make money, I’m not sure that’s likely.  

Slightly tongue in cheek comment, but elements of “Let’s be realistic”

That’s not a dig at you @G STAR RAM, more a reflection on the likelihood of finding a more profitable use for that land. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

This is like being 8 minutes away from meeting a blind date. Will she look like Kylie Minogue or Bella Emberg?

Will she turn up at all?

You arrived 15 minutes early and you're waiting outside Debenhams checking your watch every 20 seconds.

Will your hand be cupping a tit or a kebab at 11.30pm.

Did that once and she was more like Mutley off Wacky Races. I ended up in Coventry in some high rise Council Estate pub where everyone new everyone except me. It got out I was from Derby and the whole pub broke out in the ‘let’s all sing together play up sky blues....’

I couldn’t even get out and do a runner she was the only reason I hadn’t had a good thrashing from these City lads deep in their turf. 

She did start to look more like Dick Dastardly as the night went on.

I made a swift exit in the morning I hasten to add.

Archived