Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

God I hate the EFL. They're clearly not fit for purpose. Frankly, it's rather hard to know what their purpose is when they spend more in litigation with own membership than they do actively promoting the leagues they are meant to serve. We've seen it time and again. Eventually the tail starts wagging the dog. Here's the evidence.

The bottom line is that it's the clubs that ARE the EFL. They make these rules, and they have a jolly in Portugal at the end of (normal) seasons to agree them all. 

It's a moronic system if the clubs agree the rules yet fundamentally can't agree on what they've agreed on, and as soon as one of them disagrees with how another club has interpreted the rule that they ALL agreed - they then have to go through this charade of deciding abitrary punishments

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The decision for the points deduction to apply next season was made by the independant panel not the EFL

I hope the irony loop gets completed and Charlton appeal the Tribunal decision to apply the Wendies points deduction next season based on a charge of "they have applied the points deduction in the wrong season"

9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I do realise that, but this stinks like a week old kipper that's slipped behind the bin.

This season doesn't end until the AGM of the league, which is still a few weeks away. 

This case been investigated and deliberated for months and months, and seeing as this season is still active and hasn't been concluded yet, I see no reason the punishment shouldn't apply this season.

There's nothing in the rules that states an EFL tribunal decision should only be applied if a member has the chance to rectify a points deduction on the field!

There may be something in the EFL guidelines regarding P&S punishments which were voted on by member clubs (but not makes public)

just been on the wendies forum to see what their saying.

the conclusion is categorically that they have been punished for reporting the sale of the stadium in the wrong financial year in an attempt to make themselves compliant for the ffp 3 year cycle 

not ... repeat not for selling their stadium in the manor they did 

we sold and recorded it on the correct year 

unelss there’s something we haven’t been told about I think(hope, Cos u never know) were absolutely fine 

Please note I’m no expert at all and am merely putting two and two together from what sensible material I have read 

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I hope the irony loop gets completed and Charlton appeal the Tribunal decision to apply the Wendies points deduction next season based on a charge of "they have applied the points deduction in the wrong season"

Maybe they can backdate the punishment to the correct season... 18/19. 

Wednesday finish 16th and Derby potentially drop out of the playoffs to be replaced by Boro. Boro and Villa then have a playoff to determine if they should swap leagues. 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

the conclusion is categorically that they have been punished for reporting the sale of the stadium in the wrong financial year in an attempt to make themselves compliant for the ffp 3 year cycle 

unelss there’s something we haven’t been told about I think(hope, Cos u never know) were absolutely fine 

Wednesday weren’t charged with over valuing the stadium, whereas we were. 
We were also charged with using an improper amortisation policy. 

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I do realise that, but this stinks like a week old kipper that's slipped behind the bin.

This season doesn't end until the AGM of the league, which is still a few weeks away. 

This case been investigated and deliberated for months and months, and seeing as this season is still active and hasn't been concluded yet, I see no reason the punishment shouldn't apply this season.

There's nothing in the rules that states an EFL tribunal decision should only be applied if a member has the chance to rectify a points deduction on the field!

This completely.

For this to go on as long as it has, and then deliver the penalty to apply next season is bordering on corrupt. They knew it would send them down this season so it’s softer to apply it next year at the expense of Charlton, Wigan, Barnsley etc etc

The whole thing is a poo show. Combined with Wigan now arguing force majeure (they won’t win that but they have a case) but then if I was a Wigan Athletic I would sue the EFL for the incompetence of the fit and proper persons test led to them approving an ownership takeover which was utterly ridiculous in itself. (If you haven’t read up on it, do so!)

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Please note I’m no expert at all and am merely putting two and two together from what sensible material I have read 

Don’t forget, the members of the wendies forum are probably no more knowledgeable that us on this forum. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You’d argue that Pride Park with additional hospitality/commercial income is definitely worth 20 million more than Hillsborough.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Correct. If we can provide sufficient evidence for the valuation (surely we can) then we'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

See that doesn't make sense either, the not being charged over the valuation.

Their accounts (I looked at 2017) state their stadium was revalued by Lambert Smith Hampton on 1st February 2014 at £22.25m on a depreciated replacement cost basis! They sold it for £60m in 2018 (well 2019).

Nearly three times as much but apparently ours is overvalued! Ha, ok then.

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

You're not comparing apples with apples, set of completely different charges 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The fact it was done externally should be enough, if the valuation was wrong then that's their fault not ours. 

If the basis of the EFL charge is the actual valuation then they are calling into question the professional competence of the valuer. I understand, in their sector, they are a big player so I would expect them to offer a strong defence of their valuation, not necessarily to help Derby County but if for no other reason than to protect their reputation.

40 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

What I am confused about though, and what doesn't add up, if they were on course to be that far over for their submissions, why weren't they charged at the same time as Birmingham?

They would have had to put their accounts in to the EFL before March 2019.

May be wrong but I think it is even earlier than that, pretty sure EFL submission have to be made by 31st December.

Archived