Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wednesday weren’t charged with over valuing the stadium, whereas we were. 
We were also charged with using an improper amortisation policy. 

Didn’t we have dialogue with the EFL over said valuation of the stadium and even adjusted the figure on their recommendation 

(as was said in the Derby’s immediate follow up statement to the charge) 

the amortisation policy ... again have we been told that this too was ratified by the efl ?? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wednesday weren’t charged with over valuing the stadium, whereas we were. 
We were also charged with using an improper amortisation policy. 

I know 

As I said they were charged with recording the sale in the wrong year to deliberately allow them to circumnavigate ffp 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

May be wrong but I think it is even earlier than that, pretty sure EFL submission have to be made by 31st December.

I think the December date was for the old method until (and including) 2015/16.

From 2016/17 it's this

2 Profitability and Sustainability

2.1 Rules 2.2 to 2.9 shall apply with effect from Season 2016/17.

2.2 Each Club shall by 1 March in each Season submit to the Executive:

2.2.1 copies of its Annual Accounts for T-1 (and T-2 if these have not previously been submitted to the Executive) together with copies of the directors’ report(s) and auditor’s report(s) on those accounts;

2.2.2 its estimated profit and loss account and balance sheet for T which shall:

(a) be prepared in all material respects in a format similar to the Club’s Annual Accounts; and

(b) be based on the latest information available to the Club and be, to the best of the Club’s knowledge and belief, an accurate estimate as at the time of preparation of future financial performance; and

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didn’t we have dialogue with the EFL over said valuation of the stadium and even adjusted the figure on their recommendation 

(as was said in the Derby’s immediate follow up statement to the charge) 

the amortisation policy ... again have we been told that this too was ratified by the efl ?? 

Wednesday also had “dialogue” with the EFL over their stadium sale. 

Not trying to stir this up... just genuinely a bit gutted and disappointed about the whole thing. If, and it’s a big if, it happens, it will seriously mess up the season next year... which as a fan... again, it’s just really disappointing. 

Looking very precarious for DCFC now. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. A twelve point deduction for next season would result in a mid table position if we're lucky.  Worst case a relegation battle from the off. 

It’s all very arbitrary. Why 12 points? Why not 3? Why not 50?

why points at all?

why not punish the executive, the chairmen, and the finance directors etc.,

why not disallow stadium sale profits from contributing towards ffp?

We don’t seem to have achieved much as a result of our spending. We didn’t get promoted and we ended up virtually giving the players away. So the club didn’t benefit. Indeed the club was forced into losing its home. Isn’t that punishment already?

I’m really not sure what the Rules are trying to achieve. What is the fundamental issue? Is it spending? Selling the stadium? Buying badly? making losses? Silly payments to mrs and Mrs ince seem to have been ignored and yet that’s seems like a bigger breach of rules aimed at preventing third party Ownership or dubious financial gains.

I don’t see brum or sheff we’d, achieving much either.

whatever.....we will soon know.

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Looking very precarious for DCFC now. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. A twelve point deduction for next season would result in a mid table position if we're lucky.  Worst case a relegation battle from the off. 

Why does it look precarious?

The charge against us bears no resemblance to the Sheff Wed charge.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s all very arbitrary. Why 12 points? Why not 3? Why not 50?

why points at all?

why not punish the executive, the chairmen, and the finance directors etc.,

why not disallow stadium sale profits from contributing towards ffp?

We don’t seem to have achieved much as a result of our spending. We didn’t get promoted and we ended up virtually giving the players away. So the club didn’t benefit. Indeed the club was forced into losing its home. Isn’t that punishment already?

I’m really not sure what the Rules are trying to achieve. What is the fundamental issue? Is it spending? Selling the stadium? Buying badly? making losses? Silly payments to mrs and Mrs ince seem to have been ignored and yet that’s seems like a bigger breach of rules aimed at preventing third party Ownership or dubious financial gains.

I don’t see brum or sheff we’d, achieving much either.

whatever.....we will soon know.

The penalty is based on how much you exceed the limit. 
£0-2m = 3 points
£2-4m = 4 points
£4-6m = 5 points
£6-8m = 6 points
£8-10m = 7 points
£10-11m = 8 points
£11-12m = 9 points
£12-13m = 10 points
£13-14m = 11 points
£14-15m = 12 points

Punishment can be reduced by x points for mitigating factors. Extra points deducted for aggravating factors. Max punishment of 21 points. 

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I dont blame them, Sheff Weds were charged in November. Its totally ridiculous how long this situation has been allowed to drag & as a relegated club the timing would seem very suspicious.

The EFL are the most incompetent sporting body this country has ever seen. A posturing committee of such utter stupidity that they wave through the takeovers at Wigan & Bury, allow Coventry to be moved to any city their repulsive owners see fit, are fine with clubs coming down from the Prem with massive parachute payments  but hammer ambitious clubs trying to compete against them & an intriniscally punitive accounting measure. But worse of all...the dithering. Make a bloody decision, let it be challenged & we can all move on. To take 8/9 months to arrive at these decisions (albeit via independent committee) is appalling.

P.s. nearly forgot the amateur negotiations of the EFL 'TV deal'. No idea of the marketability of their own product. Inept beyond words.

I think laying into someone who provides information will put off anyone coming forward.

This is an internet forum not a court of law. The requirement for hard evidence is somewhat less.

Everyone is free to believe or discount the report as they see fit.

What @wombatram says is hardly incredulous. Others have guesstimated on a points deduction in that ballpark and Mel's desire to leave/find other investment is fairly widely believed.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just so we can judge how good your authority is, can you tell us what other information they have provided you with in the past, in advance of it being public knowledge, and what dates you posted said info on this forum.

Cheers.

How about we wait till next week. If we get off the charge, I’ll happily come on here and digitally eat my hat...I will be more than pleased to do so... if, what I’ve been told has some truth, then, I’ll equally share in the huge disappointment. 

regards 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just so we can judge how good your authority is, can you tell us what other information they have provided you with in the past, in advance of it being public knowledge, and what dates you posted said info on this forum.

Cheers.

A quick scan shows he may have been the first to mention we sent scouts to an Exeter game in 2016 (to watch Watkins?); the stadium name would change back to Pride Park; maybe something else too...

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The penalty is based on how much you exceed the limit. 
£0-2m = 3 points
£2-4m = 4 points
£4-6m = 5 points
£6-8m = 6 points
£8-10m = 7 points
£10-11m = 8 points
£11-12m = 9 points
£12-13m = 10 points
£13-14m = 11 points
£14-15m = 12 points

What happens for > £15m ?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Will Cocu stay if we end up with minus 12?

Why would he leave? If he's any good he will win the league even with a 12 point deduction.

30 minutes ago, europia said:

The result of this case has no impact on us since we aren't charged with the same thing. Stop worrying for no reason. Our situation remains the same as it was before this annoucement

So what are there now, 4 or 5 teams appealing they should or shouldn't be in this division next season? It's a drawn out shambles. 

We are a very different scenario to Wednesday who were guilty of false accounting. -12 for that seems fair, and I believe it should both be this season, as punishment being moved into a different year seems ironic, and the deduction should be taken when it makes maximum impact, no doubt relegation this season being the case. Maybe in that case all serious financial breaches should carry demotion as a deterrent. The FA needs to get its house in order and have clear guidelines about such things in its rules, so there's no come back, and no question of what is acceptable or the consequences. 

Good point though that it's punishing the wrong people, the team and fans (and in turn local businesses) didn't make the "mistake". Imagine a gruelling slog next season as they try to make the points up, a more miserable season for the fans than attempting promotion back here. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Will Cocu stay if we end up with minus 12?

A few of us believe that it will take longer than one season to fully rebuild this team, even if there were no financial difficulties.

A points deduction may actually work in Cocu's favour in that, so long as it doesn't mean a relegation scrap, it reduces the pressure somewhat.

That's not to say that either Cocu or myself would want it... Just trying to look for possible silver linings.

Archived