Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Word on the street is that some clubs have acted WITH EFL guidance, and are still getting retrospectively accused of breaking the rules!  ?

With regard to the furlough scheme and based purely on the articles linked earlier in the thread, is anyone actually being accused of breaking rules or is it just the case that certain people are “suggesting” clubs should be punished with a transfer embargo? Maybe I’ve missed something. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

the fact that the charges against Sheff Weds and Derby havent yet been resolved is shocking. 

Be fair, if they punished Wigan, Derby, and sheff wed all within this season then all the relegation places might have gone to FFP culprits which wouldn’t have looked very good. I ‘m not expecting any more verdicts until we are safely past the end of season Deadline and in to next season. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Be fair, if they punished Wigan, Derby, and sheff wed all within this season then all the relegation places might have gone to FFP culprits which wouldn’t have looked very good. I ‘m not expecting any more verdicts until we are safely past the end of season Deadline and in to next season. 

Can’t Mel just say ‘duck it, give us a 12pts punishment now and we’ll call it quits and won’t fight it?’

I think we’ve got more than a keg to stand on in this, but I’d rather we just take any points deductions now, when it won’t really effect anything, than next season, when I think we’ve got a real shot at promotion, but not if we start on minus points. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I think we’ve got more than a keg to stand on in this,

sounds like they’ve got us over a barrel.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

With regard to the furlough scheme and based purely on the articles linked earlier in the thread, is anyone actually being accused of breaking rules or is it just the case that certain people are “suggesting” clubs should be punished with a transfer embargo? Maybe I’ve missed something. 

Just to clarify, my post wasn't in regard to the furlough scheme in any way, but entirely with reference to our current unresolved charges, and in response to another poster who referenced "retrospective punishment with no previous guidance from the EFL"  (Paraphrasing).   

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Can’t Mel just say ‘duck it, give us a 12pts punishment now and we’ll call it quits and won’t fight it?’

I think we’ve got more than a keg to stand on in this, but I’d rather we just take any points deductions now, when it won’t really effect anything, than next season, when I think we’ve got a real shot at promotion, but not if we start on minus points. 

Typical of Mel's champagne ideas on beer money. 

14.3 Any Club called Derby or County or anyone called Mel, Melvyn, Uncle Mel, Morris or Mr Morris, shall be required to submit immediately upon request, any such thing that The League may require, before or after due consultation with Middlesbrough F.C, Barnsley, or Preston, or anyone called Steve, Stevie, or Gibbo.

EFL Profitability and Sustainability Rules may be revised from time to time as necessary. 

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I say we fight it and throw boro into breaking boro ffp breaking the rules.

We don’t want to upset boro mate.
Better to take the points deduction and risk relegation than upset a man with a perm. 

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We don’t want to upset boro mate.
Better to take the points deduction and risk relegation than upset a man with a perm. 

Well if I was mel I ask efl to approach boro to look into there accounts.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well if I was mel I ask efl to approach boro to look into there accounts.

No. That’s like peering over the fence Into the neighbours garden. 
anything could happen. 

One for the conspiracy theorists, but is there any chance the EFL (knowing they are on thin ice)are dragging things out to cause us as much disruption to our transfer plans?  Surely we will remain in limbo until it's sorted out.  Just a thought....

2 hours ago, RedSox said:

One for the conspiracy theorists, but is there any chance the EFL (knowing they are on thin ice)are dragging things out to cause us as much disruption to our transfer plans?  Surely we will remain in limbo until it's sorted out.  Just a thought....

You have to remember that most supporters think that the EFL has an agenda against their club, a bit like referees. Either they are spectacularly good at deliberately upsetting everyone, or all football fans are incredibly biased in favour of their own club. 

2 hours ago, RedSox said:

I know this is the EFL we’re dealing with but I doubt it. 

I wonder what higher body Sheffield Wednesday in particular could complain to. The time taken to reach a decision in their case is wholly unacceptable and damaging. I’ve heard an argument that perhaps they don’t want to publish the outcome until ours is finalised in case it jeopardises the case for or against us but that hardly sounds fair and reasonable. Every case should be dealt with on its own merits.

Another conspiracy theory: perhaps Wednesday have been told they’re either innocent or will receive only a minor penalty/slap on the wrist but have agreed to it not being announced until after ours has been concluded. Probably equally unlikely, I don’t know how much noise Wednesday have been making officially to get theirs finalised.

I suspect it's far more boring and there's the independent panel just dragging their way through a ton of heavy legal documents and assessing how they relate to the arguments presented at the hearing.

Frustrating, but waiting is all we can do. Once they've reached their conclusion, they'll then naturally take it to the Sneinton masonic lodge and referee indoctrination hall for a decision, and then we'll know.

Archived