Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The season officially ends on 4th August (last game of the season) but I think I read somewhere that any decision has to be made before mid-August. I'll try to dig it up but I may actually be wrong.

I think I read a few days ago the official end date of the season is during the EFL AGM which is mid-August.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-sheffield-wednesday-verdict/

An independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12 point deduction for breaching the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

The sporting sanction will take effect in season 2020/21.

The Club was charged in November 2019 and referred to an independent Disciplinary Commission, which conducted a full hearing at the end of June 2020, before finding the Club guilty based on the fact that the Club should not have included profits from the sale of Hillsborough Stadium in the Club’s financial statements for the period ending July 2018.

The Club was found not guilty of a further charge of breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information from the League in respect of filings made in respect of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

So if I read right, they've been fined for accounting the stadium sale in the wrong year which meant they broke FFP?

They haven't had any repurcusions for over stating value of stadium or selling it to oneself? 

So this surely bodes well for us? (I think I dont know (Like I know nothing at all (about anything)))

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Entirely different cases.

1 minute ago, David said:

Why? We’re not being accused of what Sheffield Wednesday have been. 

Different cases I know, but both were signed off by the EFL, so the fact they’ve backtracked on one has to be some cause for concern.

I haven’t followed the SWFC case anywhere near as close as ours obviously, but I’d have felt more comfortable about our outcome if Weds had avoided any punishment.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Different cases I know, but both were signed off by the EFL, so the fact they’ve backtracked on one has to be some cause for concern.

I haven’t followed the SWFC case anywhere near as close as ours obviously, but I’d have felt more comfortable about our outcome if Weds had avoided any punishment.

I bet they didn't sign off on reporting it in the wrong year.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This is an independent tribunal now, not the EFL, not saying we’re in safe hands but it’s not those bunch of incompetent c....stop David, behave. Ahem.

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

The Club was found not guilty of a further charge of breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information from the League in respect of filings made in respect of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

So if I read right, they've been fined for accounting the stadium sale in the wrong year which meant they broke FFP?

They haven't had any repurcusions for over stating value of stadium or selling it to oneself? 

So this surely bodes well for us? (I think I dont know (Like I know nothing at all (about anything)))

Yep - the bit in bold is the bit that is loosely the same charge as the one against us

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

12 point deduction is a fairly safe punishment for a Derby, Sheff Weds. Basically your not going up and assuming your squad isnt any worse than it is the year before, you shouldn't go down....

....Martin rejects contract, FFS

Weds would have gone down if they'd had it this year though? How's it safe for them?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

12 point deduction is a fairly safe punishment for a Derby, Sheff Weds. Basically your not going up and assuming your squad isnt any worse than it is the year before, you shouldn't go down....

....Martin rejects contract, FFS

A 12-point deduction would be awful. SWFC would’ve gone down if it applied to this season, we wouldn’t have been far off.

You then turn to recruiting players for survival. Players who would join hoping to get promoted are no longer interested. If we start on -12 our youth might keep us up, but it would be an uphill battle for a long time.

Archived